MSI 6950 Video Card

Sharky Forums

Thread: MSI 6950 Video Card

MSI 6950 Video Card

Well, I have to say that I have had good luck with this card.

It has been no better or worse than any other manufacturer. The card is part of the default builds released by AMD; it's nothing more than their reference card with an MSI sticker slapped on the HSF.

It did unlock to 6970 speeds, and then some. I haven't had a truly functional program with which to test clock speeds beyond 6970 speeds, but I did get 950/1375 clocks with nothing more than the BIOS flash.

The warranty may not be lifetime like XFX, but it does come with a 3-year parts and 2-year labor warranty. Although I don't remember ever having a card for that long a period of time.

The factory cooling is quite good. Even at 50-60% fan speed the noise isn't overly noticeable over my other fans. Performance is good, and drivers have been rock stable for me; your mileage may vary.

All in all, I can say that I have been very pleased with the performance of this card, especially given the 6950 price point.
    Prince of the OC Crusaders

Intel i7 3.2GHz @ 4.24GHz
    Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600 (quad channel)
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz
    Asus 20x DVD-RW DL DVD-RW

So what did you pay for it back then? (I know this is bit late but just saw your review)

Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    So what did you pay for it back then? (I know this is bit late but just saw your review)
    It was pretty much retail. $299.99

And it's still running like a champ. Now that the MSI afterburner officially supports it, I'm a very happy camper with being able to build my OC profiles with it.

No regrets at all with the purchase, and absolutely ZERO driver problems.
    Prince of the OC Crusaders

Intel i7 3.2GHz @ 4.24GHz
    Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600 (quad channel)
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz
    Asus 20x DVD-RW DL DVD-RW

Sushi
    About 350 it has high quality solid capacitor. For the gamers and high-end users, this feature not only means that product has better quality components within, but also provide much stronger support while users want to engage in hard-core tuning.

How has the MSI 6950 Video Card performed for you, and have you encountered any issues with it?

For those considering a similar purchase, what factors influenced your decision to choose this specific video card, and would you recommend it based on your experience?