Does my laptop have a built in camera?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Does my laptop have a built in camera?

Does my laptop have a built in camera?

I have an HP Compaq CQ60-220US Notebook PC. When I open the lid, at the very top, I can see a tiny hole. At first I thoguht that was my built in mic? But I think that's located on the bottom part below the keyboard, where it's blinking. I'm wondering what the hole is on the lid? I googled for the specs, but it was no help and I cannot find my manual.

Anyone know? Thanks!
    HP Envy, Windows 10

Yep, webcam and bluetooth.
    Compaq A910em: T2330 dual core 1.6Ghz, X3100 384MB GPU, 160GB sata HDD, 2GB RAM
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Quote Originally Posted by wh666-666 View Post
    Yep, webcam and bluetooth.
    Thanks, do you know how I can activate the webcam? What program should I look for to launch it? I have a external webcam that I can find no room on my desk and cannot perch the thing on top of my laptop lid.

Also, bluetooth is for an earset?
    HP Envy, Windows 10

You can use bluetooth for many things, such as bluetooth printers, cell phones to act as dial up modems away from home, etc etc.

Your webcam should show up under my computer if the driver is installed properly.
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

You can use bluetooth for many things, such as bluetooth printers, cell phones to act as dial up modems away from home, etc etc.

Your webcam should show up under my computer if the driver is installed properly.
    Thanks! Uh, except, I found out that do not have any drivers installed. Never used the thing. Could you please give me a link to install drivers for my computer so I can have use to my built-in webcam?

Thanks a bunch!
    HP Envy, Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by linsjean View Post
    I have an HP Compaq CQ60-220US Notebook PC. When I open the lid, at the very top, I can see a tiny hole. At first I thoguht that was my built in mic? But I think that's located on the bottom part below the keyboard, where it's blinking. I'm wondering what the hole is on the lid? I googled for the specs, but it was no help and I cannot find my manual.

Anyone know? Thanks!
    Sorry, my mistake.

It is just a built in microphone.

The CQ60 range (including the 220 version in the UK), did have webcam and bluetooth, I knew without looking as I used to get them for people. They had the following specs:

Compaq CQ60 Laptop, AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL65 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 15.6" TFT, DVD±RW, GeForce 8200M G,HDMI, Webcam, Bluetooth, Wifi.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169936

However, it appears, for some insane reason, they slapped US on the end of 220 and took out half the hardware (webcam and bluetooth). So the weird situation is, had you purchased over a year ago, you would have got more for your money.

Anyway sorry about that. Very odd for such a major revision within one range.

Sorry, my mistake.

It is just a built in microphone.

The CQ60 range (including the 220 version in the UK), did have webcam and bluetooth, I knew without looking as I used to get them for people. They had the following specs:

Compaq CQ60 Laptop, AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL65 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 15.6" TFT, DVD±RW, GeForce 8200M G,HDMI, Webcam, Bluetooth, Wifi.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169936

However, it appears, for some insane reason, they slapped US on the end of 220 and took out half the hardware (webcam and bluetooth). So the weird situation is, had you purchased over a year ago, you would have got more for your money.

Anyway sorry about that. Very odd for such a major revision within one range.
    It's ok. However, I did buy this comptuer over a year ago. I've had this laptop at least 2 + years. Odd. Ok, so that's my mic. Gotta it. Thanks.
    HP Envy, Windows 10

Whow, odd! Unless they released one version in the UK and a different one in the US, hence the US tag?