Facebook chat says its offline and won't go online

Sharky Forums

Thread: Facebook chat says its offline and won't go online

Hammerhead Shark

Facebook chat says its offline and won't go online

"You are currently offline. To chat with your friends, go online."

i click 'go online', it refreshes the page, but comes back with the same message. it wont go online.

this just started yesterday, I havent had this problem before.

i run no add-ons or games.

it seems to be random when it happens, with about an 80% chance it will be there when i log in.

anyone had this or know whats going on with this? ty

----------------
    it says its offline at the bottom of the left-hand menus under my name, but it doesnt show offline in the chat (IM) window

also there is a menu item in the chat options 'go offline' that when i click it says 'offline' in the chat window,
    but the chat window menu item still says 'go offline' and if i click it the 'offline' message in the chat window disappears,
    even though i still get the 'offline' message in the left-side menu under my name
    Last edited by JabberJaw; 06-22-2011 at 06:37 PM.

If you Google-> Facebook chat says its offline

You'll see this is a common problem..

I also saw a few comments like-> The problem is that facebook chat is constantly used by so many people that it is just very glitchy. Theres no way of fixing it. We just have to deal with it. Many glitches can be fixed by using pop out chat.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Hammerhead Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    If you Google-> Facebook chat says its offline

You'll see this is a common problem..

I also saw a few comments like-> The problem is that facebook chat is constantly used by so many people that it is just very glitchy. Theres no way of fixing it. We just have to deal with it. Many glitches can be fixed by using pop out chat.
    Thank you, Steve - when i googled before posting this topic, got many similar questions but no answers... guess i was hoping someone here might have a 'magic bullet' fix, but there isn't one, lol... i noticed the problem goes away when a friend in one of my 'show online' friend lists is online... otherwise i guess i will just have to deal with it, and try using popout chat more and see what happens

Reef Shark
    Facebook has a lot of glitches. The site just plain doesn't run very well if you ask me.

Then again, I just deactivated my account a couple weeks back.

Hammerhead Shark
    Last edited by JabberJaw; 07-12-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Hammerhead Shark
    Last edited by JabberJaw; 07-12-2011 at 01:09 PM.