Yahoo Messenger 11.0 problems

Sharky Forums

Thread: Yahoo Messenger 11.0 problems

Yahoo Messenger 11.0 problems

I recently upgraded Yahoo messenger to 11.0. Since then I have experienced the following problems:

1. I can no longer invite or view other people's cams. I can view my own cam, but when I go to Actions > More Actions, then the two options to view cam are grayed out. It used to work well with previous version.

2. On my Buddy list, I am now seeing former friends that pop in and out, even though I have removed them and put them on ignore list. I don't want to keep seeing their names when they log in and out.

3. I am unable to get rid of a status for my username in buddy list. It was showing some music that I was listening to. I know I went to http://pulse.yahoo.com/ and also visited http://new.music.yahoo.com/launchcast/ I was able to change my status to just "hi" but can't get that down either. I even tried to put in a couple of spaces so nothing is there, but that won't take. I went through all my preferences and even ticked "share with no one" on every place I can think of.

4. What used to be called "message archives" is now called "conversation history" and the display is awful. It used to be where I could view one long conversation in one date, but now it's breaking it up into different times, so I am having to open up each individual file to view a few sentences. Also, it is cutting off the first part of the conversation, where the greeting is, like "hi, are you on?"

If I am not liking this version, can I uninstall and go back to 10.0 or whatever that previous version was, and not lose my message archives?

Either way, can you please tell me how I can remedy the 4 above mentioned problems?

Thank you!
    HP Envy, Windows 10

I would find a yahoo help forum if I were you. Don't think there will be too many yahoo messenger users here.
    GA-MA790GPT-UD3H, AMD Phenom ll 955,
    Lian Li PC-60 PLUS, HD5850
    ----------------
    Resist the devil, and he will flee from you!

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion."

When thou seest an eagle, thou seest a portion of genius; lift up thy head!

2kr1b1r/Bpp3pp/1N2p1n1/4p1q1/4P3/2Q5/PPP2PPP/3R1RK1 b - - 6 15

Quote Originally Posted by Learux View Post
    I would find a yahoo help forum if I were you. Don't think there will be too many yahoo messenger users here.
    Thanks, would you kindly give me a link to a good yahoo messenger forum? I tried one that basically asked me to ask a question, think it's called yahoo answers, and that was not very helpful.

I thought I would take a chance here. But thanks for letting me know.
    HP Envy, Windows 10

Yea yahoo answers is crap. The only help there is lifestyle/family problems. This is the kinda stupid question/answer you get there:

Anyway on a serious note, it does just sound like they've updated it and made it even crappier. I used to use different messengers. For example, msn messenger used to be kinda ok, then just went bloated and awful. Now I just use Miranda IM on my laptop and ebuddy on my mobile phone. I dont update as I dont want them screwing up the clients any further.

What I would be inclined to do is make a copy of your messenger logs folder to a usb stick. Then unplug usb stick.

Your contacts and blocked status isnt stored on your machine. So uninstall yahoo messenger, then google the old version name, get the old installer and re-install it.

Then copy the logs folder back across, replacing the blank one on your pc.
    Last edited by wh666-666; 08-05-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Ahhh OK, I see why that image may be innapropiate. Is this more "safe for work", etc?
    Compaq A910em: T2330 dual core 1.6Ghz, X3100 384MB GPU, 160GB sata HDD, 2GB RAM
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Linky to all past versions of yahoo messenger ...... You can pick whichever you liked the look of the best .....

http://www.oldversion.com/Yahoo%20Messenger.html
    Compaq A910em: T2330 dual core 1.6Ghz, X3100 384MB GPU, 160GB sata HDD, 2GB RAM
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders