Deus Ex Human Revolution: Are you all too busy playing it to post about it?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Deus Ex Human Revolution: Are you all too busy playing it to post about it?

Threaded View

Tiger Shark

Deus Ex Human Revolution: Are you all too busy playing it to post about it?

Well, I know it's not out in Europe yet but I assume a lot of you have been playing it in the US since it came out on the 23rd.

I'm enjoying it a lot and agree with most of the very complimentary reviews (it has to be by far the best-reviewed game of the year to date). I've never been a fan of RPGs -- I admired Mass Effect 2 more than I enjoyed playing it -- and RPG/FPS hybrids are often merely shooters with lousy combat and too much talking. This game seems to anticipate those criticisms though, and manages to be rather a fine shooter with a welcome overlay of story, flexible, dynamic character ability-enhancement mechanics never found in an FPS, side missions, an unusually good hacking minigame, a really well-designed conversational interface that can genuinely influence events, a branching narrative and a much more "open" environment than you'd ever encounter in a shooter. It has better stealth gameplay, and cover mechanics than the last Splinter Cell.

Above all, DXHR is oprimised for the PC in ways that I have not seen in PC games for a long time; when was the last time you played a new game with quick saves/quick loads?
    Last edited by TwIce; 08-24-2011 at 01:00 PM.