Deus Ex Human Revolution: Are you all too busy playing it to post about it?

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus Ex Human Revolution: Are you all too busy playing it to post about it?

Hybrid View

Tiger Shark

Deus Ex Human Revolution: Are you all too busy playing it to post about it?

Well, I know it's not out in Europe yet but I assume a lot of you have been playing it in the US since it came out on the 23rd.

I'm enjoying it a lot and agree with most of the very complimentary reviews (it has to be by far the best-reviewed game of the year to date). I've never been a fan of RPGs -- I admired Mass Effect 2 more than I enjoyed playing it -- and RPG/FPS hybrids are often merely shooters with lousy combat and too much talking. This game seems to anticipate those criticisms though, and manages to be rather a fine shooter with a welcome overlay of story, flexible, dynamic character ability-enhancement mechanics never found in an FPS, side missions, an unusually good hacking minigame, a really well-designed conversational interface that can genuinely influence events, a branching narrative and a much more "open" environment than you'd ever encounter in a shooter. It has better stealth gameplay, and cover mechanics than the last Splinter Cell.

Above all, DXHR is oprimised for the PC in ways that I have not seen in PC games for a long time; when was the last time you played a new game with quick saves/quick loads?
    Last edited by TwIce; 08-24-2011 at 01:00 PM.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    I'm interested in getting it, but I've heard of a lot of bugs. I'm waiting for a patch or two before I pick it up.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Tiger Shark
    Very few bugs being reported in the Steam forums. The only persistent complaint -- i.e. apart from the usual system-specific problems -- is long load times and this can be addressed by changing the default V-Synch settings to OFF.

There has already been a patch for some kind of Nvidia card related issue (although I run an Nvidia card and never experienced the problem).

So far it's the least buggy new release I've played in a long time.
    Last edited by TwIce; 08-24-2011 at 01:55 PM.

I bought it already because I'm a consumer whore, but I am probably not going to be investing any real time into the game until I've completed Xenoblade.

Tiger Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I bought it already because I'm a consumer whore, but I am probably not going to be investing any real time into the game until I've completed Xenoblade.
    Be careful, Kamakazie. Give this game more than 10 minutes and the Xenoblade shortcut will be staring reproachfully at you from your desktop as you prepare to throw vending machines at gangsters in DXHR. It's a very, very good game.

Quote Originally Posted by TwIce View Post
    Be careful, Kamakazie. Give this game more than 10 minutes and the Xenoblade shortcut will be staring reproachfully at you from your desktop as you prepare to throw vending machines at gangsters in DXHR. It's a very, very good game.
    Yeah, I played up through the beginning credits (~20 minutes) and I already liked what I saw. I am looking forward to playing it.

I found a pre-order deal for $35 so I got it, put about 2 hours into it last night. I am a bit disappointed in how well it performs on my machine so I might have to do some upgrade.

MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 640GB HD
    Desktop: i5 2500K (w/ CM Hyper 212 Plus) , 16GB DDR3, 2x240GB OCZ Agility SSD, 2x1TB in RAID0, 2xeVGA GeForce GTX 570, Corsair TX750M PSU, ASUS Sabertooth P67, Dell 2209WA eIPS LCD
    Home Server: Intel Pentium G630, ASRock H61M/U3S3, 4GB RAM, 80GB + 2TB HD

I finally gave up and ordered it, it's currently shipping and I should get it by Friday (360 version). Eidos should better not have messed up with this.
    Professional lurker

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    I found a pre-order deal for $35 so I got it, put about 2 hours into it last night. I am a bit disappointed in how well it performs on my machine so I might have to do some upgrade.
    Between the patch, overclocking, and the later levels not being quite as graphically intense, it is running great now. At first, I was a bit unsure about this game, but now that I have figured out the controls a bit better, I am loving it.

MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 640GB HD
    Desktop: i5 2500K (w/ CM Hyper 212 Plus) , 16GB DDR3, 2x240GB OCZ Agility SSD, 2x1TB in RAID0, 2xeVGA GeForce GTX 570, Corsair TX750M PSU, ASUS Sabertooth P67, Dell 2209WA eIPS LCD
    Home Server: Intel Pentium G630, ASRock H61M/U3S3, 4GB RAM, 80GB + 2TB HD

No, because $50 is too much for me to blow on entertainment

/andimamassivedeusexfan
    #1) Big Box
    Core 2 Quad Q9550 - Asus P5Q3 - 8GB DDR3 1333 - GeForce 550Ti - Win 7 Pro
    #2) IBM Thinkpad R51
    Pentium M 1.6GHz - 1GB PC2700 - 80GB - Win 7 Pro

#3) Macbook Pro
    2.4GHz Core i5 - 4GB - OS X Lion

#4) Rollerskates
    Bont Quad Racer Carbon - Sure-Grip Avengers - Qube 8-Balls

Now Playing: Forza 4, Wipeout HD, Dead Space 2 (again!)

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashpool View Post
    No, because $50 is too much for me to blow on entertainment

/andimamassivedeusexfan
    green man gaming was selling steam version for $34.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    green man gaming was selling steam version for $34.
    Yup, so did Amazon. Totally caved in and bought it :X

One thing that's even more an enhancement from the original: talking your way through things seriously affects the entire game. In the first one it maybe made you slip past a few things or get some extra goodies or maybe enhance the story but in DX:HR almost every conversation is a game changer. Conversations that end badly will bite you in the *** later down the road unlike in the first one.

That convo aug, GET IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN. It's both saved my *** a few times and really made life a lot easier the moment I got it. It's totally worth the two Praxis early on.
    #1) Big Box
    Core 2 Quad Q9550 - Asus P5Q3 - 8GB DDR3 1333 - GeForce 550Ti - Win 7 Pro
    #2) IBM Thinkpad R51
    Pentium M 1.6GHz - 1GB PC2700 - 80GB - Win 7 Pro

#3) Macbook Pro
    2.4GHz Core i5 - 4GB - OS X Lion

#4) Rollerskates
    Bont Quad Racer Carbon - Sure-Grip Avengers - Qube 8-Balls

Now Playing: Forza 4, Wipeout HD, Dead Space 2 (again!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashpool View Post
    That convo aug, GET IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN. It's both saved my *** a few times and really made life a lot easier the moment I got it. It's totally worth the two Praxis early on.
    Damn I know what I'm upgrading next.

I totally knocked out the bouncer in front of the Hive for being a ****. 1000 credits to get in? F that. I already found the secret way in but it felt satisfying to lay his *** OUT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfNR-ft7A4 (NSFW: language in audio) <- thought exactly this after it happened lol
    Last edited by DJBeanPole17; 09-13-2011 at 10:11 PM.

I'll buy it when I have freetime to play it. fu.

I'll get it on steam sale I heard it's great though, but I simply don't have the time to play it.
    Rigs
    Custom Built: Intel i7 930 @ 2.8 Ghz, 5870 GPU, 12 GIG Ram,3x1.5 TBs,1x500 GB, 250 GB SSD Logitech G51 surrond sound 27 inch monitor FUll Tower Cooler Master Case
    Laptop: M17X 2.83Ghz Dual Core, 4870 GPU, 4 GIG Ram, 320 GIG, 500 GIG HDD
    Get around Lappy: ASUS Aspire One: 1.6 GHz, IGP, 1 GIG ram, 160 GIG HDD