Deus Ex Human Revolution: Are you all too busy playing it to post about it? - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus Ex Human Revolution: Are you all too busy playing it to post about it?

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashpool View Post
    No, because $50 is too much for me to blow on entertainment

/andimamassivedeusexfan
    green man gaming was selling steam version for $34.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
    I found a pre-order deal for $35 so I got it, put about 2 hours into it last night. I am a bit disappointed in how well it performs on my machine so I might have to do some upgrade.
    Between the patch, overclocking, and the later levels not being quite as graphically intense, it is running great now. At first, I was a bit unsure about this game, but now that I have figured out the controls a bit better, I am loving it.

MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 640GB HD
    Desktop: i5 2500K (w/ CM Hyper 212 Plus) , 16GB DDR3, 2x240GB OCZ Agility SSD, 2x1TB in RAID0, 2xeVGA GeForce GTX 570, Corsair TX750M PSU, ASUS Sabertooth P67, Dell 2209WA eIPS LCD
    Home Server: Intel Pentium G630, ASRock H61M/U3S3, 4GB RAM, 80GB + 2TB HD

Tiger Shark
    Yeah, it's a really great game that basically accomplishes everything it sets out to do, i.e. integrate two genres (RPG/FPS) with stealth gameplay, a wide array of tactical choice available to the player, a compelling, branching storyline and a highly detailed,(relatively) open world.

It's not perfect; some of the combat mechanics are not as finely tuned as you would get in the best dedicated stealth/shooters. e.g. it is sometimes awkward to melee from cover. And the boss battles are tedious and uneccessary. However, DXHR is optimised for the PC in the way that very few big, commercial games are these days.

All in all, I'd say this is a milestone PC game, comparable with Half Life 2 in that respect.

the beta ran okay on my gtx460 se at 1920x1080 and tesselation on. i just ordered a radeon 6870 for $155 (which includes a copy of deus ex) so im pretty pumped!
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kpxgq View Post
    the beta ran okay on my gtx460 se at 1920x1080 and tesselation on. i just ordered a radeon 6870 for $155 (which includes a copy of deus ex) so im pretty pumped!
    Came close to jumping on that new egg deal as well, but canceled my order since i don't have plans to play any of the new games till next year. Will probably pick up a HD7000 series.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I figure I can ebay my gtx460 and the other 2 free games for $110. Basically gives me Seuss ex for $45 and a free 10fps upgrade
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

If people are saying this is as good as the original Deus Ex it must be pretty damn good..

Finished it up the other night. I got it as a birthday present from my girlfriend, she got me the augmented edition. As a huge fan of the original, it exceeded my expectations. Amazing refresh of the Deus Ex franchise... can't wait for the next one.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidCrash View Post
    Finished it up the other night. I got it as a birthday present from my girlfriend, she got me the augmented edition. As a huge fan of the original, it exceeded my expectations. Amazing refresh of the Deus Ex franchise... can't wait for the next one.
    How many hours spent first playthrough?

I don't have an accurate answer for that, since:

1. I played the leaked beta. I had everything memorized up until the first boss.
    2. I had a hard time beating the third boss, so I reloaded a previous save to alter a decision. After I reloaded the save, I didn't do any of the same side-quests/exploring.
    3. I reload a lot.

In the end, the total time was 11 hours I think. But in reality, it was probably closer to 20. I've seen some people say upwards to 40, but I don't understand how that's possible, lol. Although, I didn't read all of the e-books and newspapers. I'm also very accustomed to Deus Ex playstyle, so I felt right at home on the hardest difficulty. In fact, I thought it was way too easy.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing

I thought it was kinda easy on the highest difficulty also. I'd say I put in 18 to 20 hrs. All in all I loved it. I also thought it was a fast paced intelligent game
    Last edited by JWolf; 09-04-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: add

im at the beginning, whats better for a no-kill run? the stun gun or the tranq rifle?

Tranq rifle, imo. I always figured, if you're close enough for stun gun, you might as well do a non-lethal takedown.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    Currently Playing

Today I learned killing people before you get augmented counts against you for the "don't kill anyone" achievement. On retrospect, I'm not sure why I thought that segment didn't count, but that knowledge has changed how I'm playing the game.

You're not the only one. I know a lot of people that thought that, including myself, lol. It's just natural when you get thrown into a game with an assault rifle and people are attacking and things are crazy. First thought: shoot the bad guys.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    Currently Playing