Biostar A770E3

Sharky Forums

Thread: Biostar A770E3

Catfish

Biostar A770E3

I bought the Biostar A770E3 board to support my RAM which is 4 sticks of Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600):
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820139075

And I had bought a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T CPU and it also worked perfectly for me. No problems with the board so far. No bugs. And best of all it only costed me a total of 55$ shipped. Windows 7 works great. I give it a 4.5/5.

I went through two other boards both made by ASUS and Gigabyte, had to RMA them, and they were both around the $100 range. Who would of known that a board 10 times cheaper and half the price would work so well.

Sushi

A770E3 MB with AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

I got this motherboard with the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor and can't get it to boot up from the HD or CD ROM nor the floppy drive. I can boot up into the bios just fine. I think the problem I'm having is a BIOS version issue that could be fixed if I could update the BIOS to the latest version but I can't even get it to do that from an attached USB drive. I've contact tech support but haven't heard anything back from them and phone calls go unanswered. It could be because its the thanksgiving weekend. The way I understand it though after reading a bunch of stuff on-line and from the MB manual itself is, I may have to get a different processor that the board fully recognizes, update the bios, then put the 1090T back in. The version of the bios that is in it isn't even available for download from their website so it might be pre Phenom II X6 supportive. I don't know where I can get a lower grade processor so i can upgrade the bios. I went to local PC shop and all they had were old Athlon processors that I don't think would fit the MB. I read somewhere that i could trick the MB by switching around the voltage settings so that it would boot up at least to upgrade the bios but I'm not sure what to set them to to achieve that soo... I'm waiting on tech support from Biostar to see what they say. I may have to ship this MB back to Newegg and get something different.. Why can't they ship these things with an updated BIOS?

Catfish
    Quote Originally Posted by ghendric View Post
    I got this motherboard with the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor and can't get it to boot up from the HD or CD ROM nor the floppy drive. I can boot up into the bios just fine. I think the problem I'm having is a BIOS version issue that could be fixed if I could update the BIOS to the latest version but I can't even get it to do that from an attached USB drive. I've contact tech support but haven't heard anything back from them and phone calls go unanswered. It could be because its the thanksgiving weekend. The way I understand it though after reading a bunch of stuff on-line and from the MB manual itself is, I may have to get a different processor that the board fully recognizes, update the bios, then put the 1090T back in. The version of the bios that is in it isn't even available for download from their website so it might be pre Phenom II X6 supportive. I don't know where I can get a lower grade processor so i can upgrade the bios. I went to local PC shop and all they had were old Athlon processors that I don't think would fit the MB. I read somewhere that i could trick the MB by switching around the voltage settings so that it would boot up at least to upgrade the bios but I'm not sure what to set them to to achieve that soo... I'm waiting on tech support from Biostar to see what they say. I may have to ship this MB back to Newegg and get something different.. Why can't they ship these things with an updated BIOS?
    That sucks, I don't know why it wasn't supportive of your CPU!. Definitely look around for another processor to use to upgrade the BIOS so it supports your new processor. But first call BIOSTAR before you do anything. It is because of the weekend most likely. Or if you can send it back while it's under the 30-day limit for the retailer (most have the same policy for returns), and get one that has a better bios version in it, do alot of reading on the product bofore you click that checkout button, which will save you alot of frustration in the long run, not that i think it'sy our fault, ive had similar mistakes made too. It is a good MB, it just has one downside, a damn BIOS. It works perfectly for me. But I lucked out. Goodluck and godspeed my friend, let us know how it works out.

Sushi
    Yeah, I researched the MB and liked what I read and saw. It's a nice looking mb and has everything I need. I got it at newegg.com. I've always gotten good stuff from them. The MB info on their site looked really clear to me but you know how things go occasionally.. lol.. A red flag probably should have went up when the MB was a different color even though the model was the same as listed on the website.. I may scavenge a CPU from someone temporarily to get the bios updated. That all depends on what Biostar says.. the bios version in it is older than the initial bios version on the Biostar website..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138179

Sushi
    Here's a link to some screen shots of the bios settings.. maybe someone can take a look at these and give me some suggestions...

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ba987...1621&sc=photos

Catfish
    Here's a link to some screen shots of the bios settings.. maybe someone can take a look at these and give me some suggestions...

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ba987...1621&sc=photos
    I looked up the board and can't find the revision C2 board, i just find v6 on Biostar's website, I am not sure how things work concerning versions and revisions here. Anyways here is the site I found which you've probably been to:
    http://206.108.48.60/app/en/mb/intro...S_ID=450&tab=3

And I don't see any BIOS dates matching your current BIOS date, and i cant find any other boards on BIOSTAR's website with different revisions etc. Maybe im missing something here. Hang in there though this can be figured out im sure, all you need is a bios update.

Sushi
    I was successful in updating the bios! I got access to a AMD Phenom II X2 255 processor, dropped it in, booted up and upgraded the bios! woot woot!

Catfish
    I was successful in updating the bios! I got access to a AMD Phenom II X2 255 processor, dropped it in, booted up and upgraded the bios! woot woot!
    Nice man, I knew you could somehow possibly find one!. Good job, glad it worked out for you.