Over Heating Problem!!!

Sharky Forums

Thread: Over Heating Problem!!!

Hybrid View

Unhappy Over Heating Problem!!!

I just built this machine (see sig line) and I am finding after 5 minutes of Grand Theft Auto IV, or 5 minutes of Call Of Duty Modern Warefare 4 my temperatures reach 85C according to my OCCT 4. program. Using OCCT, Power Supply Tab, at 65 seconds of TESTING, this system fails (goes over 85C).

Not good in my opinion. It seems to me that the Corsair H60 is no better than the stock AMD CPU fan. After numerous Emails I got corsair to say they recommend that my water cooler fan blows In (toward the radiator), but that makes no difference. The front of the case has a 120mm fan. Back of case has the radiator with a 120mm fan. Side of case has two 120mm fans and I leav the side off about 1-2 inches for more air flow.

Any suggestions? Shoud I try and modify my case to have the radiator outside of the case? Should I consider replacing the fluids in the radiator? Should I replace this cooling system with something else? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD Phenom II 1100T
    ADATA DDR3 1600mgz 8GB RAM
    EVGA GTX 560Ti 1GB DDR5
    Win7 64bit OEM
    Corsair 80 plus 650W power
    LG DVD Burner
    Dell 24 IPS LCD monitor
    Logitech 518 Optical Mouse
    Linksys 600N WiFi
    Western Digital 1T HD

Mako Shark
    right now Im running a H50 and have been for almost 2 years now. Ive found that you have to check the screw down bolts. Especially after the first install.

A couple of days after my first install.. my temps went way high.. checked out the screws and two of them ver very loose.. tightened those puppies up and temps went back to where theyre suppose to be.

so... Id start there
    Intel I7 920 @3.5MHz,12gigs DDR3 triple channel ram, Nvidia GTX 560 Video card, Twin Asus dvd burners, Twin 24inch Asus Monitors. Logitech 5300E 5.1 speakers, Logitech G5, Razer Diamonback and Microsoft Arc Mouses, 4TB hard drive space .

Quote Originally Posted by LordVampyre View Post
    right now Im running a H50 and have been for almost 2 years now. Ive found that you have to check the screw down bolts. Especially after the first install.

A couple of days after my first install.. my temps went way high.. checked out the screws and two of them ver very loose.. tightened those puppies up and temps went back to where theyre suppose to be.

so... Id start there
    Are you talking about the two bolts that hold the heat sink down on the CPU, or some other bolts?
    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD Phenom II 1100T
    ADATA DDR3 1600mgz 8GB RAM
    EVGA GTX 560Ti 1GB DDR5
    Win7 64bit OEM
    Corsair 80 plus 650W power
    LG DVD Burner
    Dell 24 IPS LCD monitor
    Logitech 518 Optical Mouse
    Linksys 600N WiFi
    Western Digital 1T HD

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    Are you talking about the two bolts that hold the heat sink down on the CPU, or some other bolts?
    I would think that yes he meant those two bolts.

I water-cooled for years and that was usually the only problem that came up when the temps went way up.
    War... War never changes.

Something is wrong with installation, put on stock heatsink fan and see what you get.
    GA-MA790GPT-UD3H, AMD Phenom ll 955,
    Lian Li PC-60 PLUS, HD5850
    ----------------
    Resist the devil, and he will flee from you!

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion."

When thou seest an eagle, thou seest a portion of genius; lift up thy head!

2kr1b1r/Bpp3pp/1N2p1n1/4p1q1/4P3/2Q5/PPP2PPP/3R1RK1 b - - 6 15