Cstick Pre-Orders Have Started

Sharky Forums

Thread: Cstick Pre-Orders Have Started

Cstick Pre-Orders Have Started

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.cstick.com/content.php?118-Fxi-launches-cotton-candy-developer-site-takes-pre-orders
    Specifications include an ARM® Cortex™-A9 (1GHz) CPU from Samsung, an ARM Mali™-400 MP (Quad-core, 1.2GHz) GPU, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, HDMI output and the Android operating system. It decodes MPEG-4, H.264 and other video formats and display HD graphics on any HDMI equipped screen. Operating systems supported to date include Android Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich as well as Ubuntu. On-screen content can be controlled a wide variety of ways – wirelessly using smartphones with an app, Bluetooth peripherals like mice and RF remote controls; or by leveraging a notebook’s integrated keyboard and touchpad.
    So pre-orders are apparently up for the cstick. It looks like a beefier option if you're looking for something in the same form factor as a raspberry pi that can be used when a little more power is needed.

Anyone seen it yet? Seems like between this and the raspberry, there is some cool stuff coming down the pipe.

Pre-order: http://store.cstick.com/
    Parent Company: http://www.fxitech.com/products/
    Insert ancient Sharky sig here
    [
    Prince Vindir of the OC Crusaders
    Holding Boundaries and Breaking Barriers

]

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Eh, 199 vs 35. Getting into dedicated tablet territory, I think they missed the target audience.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

They definitely won't be able to keep up with the crowd that can be satisfied with the pi. The cstick seems to fit my use case a lot better though.

I've been dragging multiple laptops through airports the last 6 months or so for work just to make sure I had my own machine with me and wasn't limited to locked down work laptops. Being able to just plug this up to the tv would be awesome and I can drag 2 or 3 of them around without even noticing a difference. Whereas that extra 5-6 pounds feels like a million by the end of a 12 hour day of travelling.
    Insert ancient Sharky sig here
    [
    Prince Vindir of the OC Crusaders
    Holding Boundaries and Breaking Barriers

]

Cstick is better because of its portability/mobility... but that cost is going to hurt the sales a lot...

Rasp Pi is definitely more bang for the buck though...