Starbase Orion for iOS players?

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starbase Orion for iOS players?

Starbase Orion for iOS players?

Anyone here play Starbase Orion on iOS? Awesome game if you like turn based strategy. A lot like Master of Orion.

Was wondering if anyone here played. They have an asynchronous multiplayer mode with up to 4 players that pings you with a push notification when people make a move.

Thank you for making me aware of this. I'll check it out when it goes on sale, $8 is a bit steep for an iOS game for me. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Thank you for making me aware of this. I'll check it out when it goes on sale, $8 is a bit steep for an iOS game for me. ^_^
    The developer said a while ago that the game will NOT go on sale. They used to have a little disclaimer on their profile page explaining why they don't do sales.

It's probably the most expensive game I've bought. However, it is BY FAR the deepest game I've seen on iOS. It's a little hard to click buttons on the iPhone (still very good), but it's great on the iPad.

If this ever gets ported to a windows phone I'd consider it. Playing games on a tiny iphone screen just won't cut it for me, not with my current phone boasting a 4.7" screen.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaNihilist View Post
    The developer said a while ago that the game will NOT go on sale. They used to have a little disclaimer on their profile page explaining why they don't do sales.

It's probably the most expensive game I've bought. However, it is BY FAR the deepest game I've seen on iOS. It's a little hard to click buttons on the iPhone (still very good), but it's great on the iPad.
    I'll have to check this out on my iPad. I've been looking for a good turned based strategy game.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Indeed, I found this on the store page:

It is quite common these days to buy an app one day only to watch it go “free for a day” the very next afternoon. Starbase Orion is not one of those apps. The standard price for Starbase Orion is $7.99 USD, and it will not be switched free at any time. We want you to be able to buy the app with confidence, and this is our guarantee to you.
    I do guess that makes sense. I'll pick it up at some point in the near future.

hey it only says switched free...not switched cheaper
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    hey it only says switched free...not switched cheaper
    True, but I imagine he'd appear a bit hypocritical if he suddenly dropped the price to $0.99.

It USED to say that they would never put the game on sale. Something like, "This costs $7.99 because we intend to support it for a while. Rest assured if you buy it today we won't drop it to $1.99 in the future."

I guess they changed their mind about that though with the new language. My take away now is that they will indeed drop the price from time to time.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Will check this out. Looking to pick up an IPAD 3 as well as a iphone in the next week or so.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Will check this out. Looking to pick up an IPAD 3 as well as a iphone in the next week or so.

I'm hoping they release a version for the new Retina. Might be hard since the game has a lot of assets, but I'm hoping.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I'm hoping they release a version for the new Retina. Might be hard since the game has a lot of assets, but I'm hoping.
    I've heard that quite a lot of games will look like *** on the new ipad. I'll wait a week or 2 before picking one up so I can see how the reviews are. However, that all might change if we end up with a netbook instead.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Reef Shark
    I've heard that quite a lot of games will look like *** on the new ipad. I'll wait a week or 2 before picking one up so I can see how the reviews are. However, that all might change if we end up with a netbook instead.
    worst case it'll be scaled to 2x and will look identical to the old 1024x768 screen

Quote Originally Posted by Steven P Jobs View Post
    worst case it'll be scaled to 2x and will look identical to the old 1024x768 screen
    It'll probably look chunky, like playing an iPhone game on the current iPad.