Starbase Orion for iOS players? - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starbase Orion for iOS players?

The problem with most apps is that text will be re-rendered at the native resolution, but everything else will be doubled. It's like reverse antialiasing for graphics.

Reef Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    It'll probably look chunky, like playing an iPhone game on the current iPad.
    it's probably more like using an iPhone 4 right when it came out and most developers hadn't added assets for the new screen yet

it was perfectly bearable and not any worse than just using a 3GS

According to the AppShopper app, it was actually $4.99 when it came out in October, so I'd bet there's a chance it will go on sale at some point.

FYI this game is get a retina update for the new iPad in a week or so. I expect more late nights of me crouched in the corner in the dark with this glowing rectangle in my hand. I have a horrible habit now of playing til like 4am. Just one. More. turn.

Very good support from the lead dev, which leads me to believe that revenue is increasing nicely for him.

I really wish companies like EA would spend more than $10 developing iOS games. So much good IP, all they create is shitty half-baked ports filled with ads to download other EA titles.
    Last edited by ImaNihilist; 03-25-2012 at 01:26 PM.