Kickstarter Game Thread - Page 4

Sharky Forums

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter Game Thread

Backed Shadowrun finally. Read an interview from Chris Avelloine (sp?) where he said he might Kickstart a planescape torment sequel
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Great White Shark
    Just changed my SHadowrun support from $100 to $125 to get the new boxed version of the game. Plus.... who can argue with a USB dogtag that includes all versions of the game DRM free?

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Wasteland 2 is sitting at 2.6 million with 30 hours to go. I bumped up to the $30 support category.

I have also supported Shadowrun, Zpocalpyse and Zombiecide at various levels since finding this thread.
    Current Computer (always a work in progress):
    Cooler Master HAF 922 Case / Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt / i5-2500K / GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 /PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 / eVGA GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB / ARCTIC COOLING ACALP11-GT-R2 / Frozen CPU Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound / Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD / 1 TB Seagate / 1 TB WD Blue / Samsung SyncMaster 2494 LCD / Samsung SyncMaster 204b LCD

Website for Dad:
    www.KeepTheSpiritKilleen.com

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ory-for-ios-an

Heard about this a while back. Sounds like the devs are having problems but I hope it comes out. Looks like a fun game for the ipad.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    Backed Shadowrun finally. Read an interview from Chris Avelloine (sp?) where he said he might Kickstart a planescape torment sequel
    That would be HUGE!!

Spiritual Successor to Titan Quest by some of the people that made Titan Quest

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ment/grim-dawn
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post

That game has been in development for years. I have serious doubts as to whether it will ever actually become anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    That game has been in development for years. I have serious doubts as to whether it will ever actually become anything.
    Yeah, I'll wait for this one to actually be released. Whereas with wasteland and Shadowrun those were meaningful to me years ago. My only random risk is pretty solid with Zpocalypse. Plus all 3 are hitting my bank account all within a period of 10 days LOL...$175 gone for now
    Xbox Series X

The gameplay videos looks pretty polished and from the Kickstarter page it sounds like they are close to releasing game but need the money so their staff can work on the game full time to finish it up.

I'm keeping an eye on it for now.

curious, why the doubts?

i layed down twenty when they started taking "donations" a few years back, before the kickstart of course

they are a small independent company creating a very cool looking game(although i'm not much on grinding now), i see no reasons why it would not come out

Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    That would be HUGE!!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...rgo_and_chris/

–]ZedCodex
    Avellone! What game would you like to make with your own kickstarter project? There were talks about a "spiritual successor" to PS:T?
    [–]ChrisAvelloneCCO Obsidian Entertainment

That'd be my top one, yes. I have a spiritual successor idea in mind from a mini-Planescape campaign I did long ago that I'd love to turn into a game.

[–]Rick554
    Is there any chance you could get the rights to use the Planescape setting again, or would it have to be a new IP?

[–]ChrisAvelloneCCO
    Depends on Hasbro.
    There are some more comments about it in that huge thread, so it is definitely on his mind to make some kind of sequel.
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post

Got on this! But is it just me or is Kickstarter beginning to feel a lot like Steam's holiday sales?!

Quote Originally Posted by jahmeditation View Post
    curious, why the doubts?
    Just because when I last checked out the game a few months ago they hadn't really updated the site in months, there weren't any gameplay updates and the last video they had was from a year ago and labelled "pre-alpha" (which the new video is also labelled).

I watched the Kickstarter pitch video and I must say it is looking pretty nice now, but these guys aren't getting any of my money until they actually deliver a game.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Just because when I last checked out the game a few months ago they hadn't really updated the site in months, there weren't any gameplay updates and the last video they had was from a year ago and labelled "pre-alpha" (which the new video is also labelled).

I watched the Kickstarter pitch video and I must say it is looking pretty nice now, but these guys aren't getting any of my money until they actually deliver a game.
    Wow, grim dawn. I remember looking at that years ago. I'm a little timid to drop money on what could be old vapor ware.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead