Kickstarter Game Thread - Page 5

Sharky Forums

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter Game Thread

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Just because when I last checked out the game a few months ago they hadn't really updated the site in months, there weren't any gameplay updates and the last video they had was from a year ago and labelled "pre-alpha" (which the new video is also labelled).

I watched the Kickstarter pitch video and I must say it is looking pretty nice now, but these guys aren't getting any of my money until they actually deliver a game.
    No problem with the reservation. I can totally understand.

Kickstarter is not a sure thing so I encourage everyone to be cautious with anything they support. That said, the purpose of this thread is to just share some kickstarters that we think are interesting. It's okay for people to voice their opinion but lets makes sure not to get into any arguments.

Not saying that we will have any but just doing a job of trying to prevent anything before it starts.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    No problem with the reservation. I can totally understand.

Kickstarter is not a sure thing so I encourage everyone to be cautious with anything they support. That said, the purpose of this thread is to just share some kickstarters that we think are interesting. It's okay for people to voice their opinion but lets makes sure not to get into any arguments.

Not saying that we will have any but just doing a job of trying to prevent anything before it starts.
    Hopefully it comes out eventually. The premise looked interesting and we could use some more traditional dungeon crawlers. It was good that kama warned that the project has been in the works for years and could be dead-in-the-water.

I'm rooting for them, but not with my wallet at this point haha.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    I'm rooting for them, but not with my wallet at this point haha.
    Well put. It looks great, but I'm hurting this month backing 3 big projects in one month LOL with nothing to show for it yet but some sweet wallpapers from Zpocalypse and access to some backer forums

However backing the projects that I have, has made me feel included in the process. Plus, my son is getting some insight into game development helping provide feedback in their forums and reading/watching development updates. That's been worth the price.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Just because when I last checked out the game a few months ago they hadn't really updated the site in months, there weren't any gameplay updates and the last video they had was from a year ago and labelled "pre-alpha" (which the new video is also labelled).

I watched the Kickstarter pitch video and I must say it is looking pretty nice now, but these guys aren't getting any of my money until they actually deliver a game.
    gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    Got on this! But is it just me or is Kickstarter beginning to feel a lot like Steam's holiday sales?!
    lmao pete, i was getting a humble bundle vibe

i love the concept no doubt, but i fear it will be flooded with to much filler within the next year or so, take the money and run type deal

It's already flooded with too much filler IMO. New stuff pops up every day it seems that everybody is freaking out about.

All I've funded so far is Shadowrun because I'm a HUGE fan of the old Genesis game and the setting. I was thinking about funding Wasteland 2 even though I never played or heard of the first one but eventually I just let time run out. Probably going to throw some money at The Banner Saga before time is up there, but that's more or less it for now.

I'm hoping that when the Kickstarter bubble bursts it is still popular enough to be worth keeping up with.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    It's already flooded with too much filler IMO. New stuff pops up every day it seems that everybody is freaking out about.

All I've funded so far is Shadowrun because I'm a HUGE fan of the old Genesis game and the setting. I was thinking about funding Wasteland 2 even though I never played or heard of the first one but eventually I just let time run out. Probably going to throw some money at The Banner Saga before time is up there, but that's more or less it for now.

I'm hoping that when the Kickstarter bubble bursts it is still popular enough to be worth keeping up with.
    You can still get in in wasteland for $20 on their website. I too am a HUGE fan of Genesis Shadowrun, the novels and the PnP RPG.
    Xbox Series X

Not a game in itself, but what are your thoughts on this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y?ref=category
    Current Computer (always a work in progress):
    Cooler Master HAF 922 Case / Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt / i5-2500K / GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 /PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 / eVGA GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB / ARCTIC COOLING ACALP11-GT-R2 / Frozen CPU Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound / Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD / 1 TB Seagate / 1 TB WD Blue / Samsung SyncMaster 2494 LCD / Samsung SyncMaster 204b LCD

Website for Dad:
    www.KeepTheSpiritKilleen.com

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SewerUrchin View Post
    Not a game in itself, but what are your thoughts on this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y?ref=category
    That is pretty cool and looks like a streamlined simpler version of maptools.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by SewerUrchin View Post
    I like it!

Update for Z-pocalypse...my idea for the stretch goal K-Mini expansion has been decided on in their backer only poll. An expansion of Hospital and FEMA camp, with an escape route (new way to end game). They'll be putting it on their mainpage probably today. There is tons of value in this with additional miniatures having been added, 2 expansions, new weapon cards, and extra dice. Only a couple days left to pledge if you haven't yet.
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    Update for Z-pocalypse...my idea for the stretch goal K-Mini expansion has been decided on in their backer only poll. An expansion of Hospital and FEMA camp, with an escape route (new way to end game). They'll be putting it on their mainpage probably today. There is tons of value in this with additional miniatures having been added, 2 expansions, new weapon cards, and extra dice. Only a couple days left to pledge if you haven't yet.
    I would love to jump on that but I know my friends wouldn't like the game.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    So what Kickstarter stuff have you donated to?

So far I gave to:

Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack - $20 for PDF of rules and a printed copy of the rule book. Make mech game pieces out of lego and play a table top game. May for the PDF document and June for the printed copy.

Double Fine- $30 for a copy of the game, HD documentary, and soundtrack. Adventure game. Oct 2012 (yeah right...)
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Zombicide for $100. At this level, there are a ton of bonus things. (signed lithograph cover, the game, a t-shirt, 12 bonus custom dice - half are glow in the dark, some bonus minis including three exclusives and possibly more depending on how much they get pledged).

Zpocalypse for $75. The game, 8 custom dice, 5 wallpapers, custom dice tower, signed print, k-mini expansion and z-master expansion.

Shadowrun Returns for $15 for a digital copy of the game.

Wasteland 2 for $30 and that means: You will receive the digital concept art book, downloadable digital soundtrack, 2 DRM free digital copies of the game (PC or Mac or Linux), exclusive Ranger portrait collection, 4 episode video development blog, Chris Avellone novella, and unique and quirky skill.
    Current Computer (always a work in progress):
    Cooler Master HAF 922 Case / Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt / i5-2500K / GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 /PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 / eVGA GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB / ARCTIC COOLING ACALP11-GT-R2 / Frozen CPU Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound / Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD / 1 TB Seagate / 1 TB WD Blue / Samsung SyncMaster 2494 LCD / Samsung SyncMaster 204b LCD

Website for Dad:
    www.KeepTheSpiritKilleen.com

Shadowrun Returns for $125 - T-shirt, a few in game bonuses, USB dog tag with copy of the game on it, boxed edition of the game with some bonuses like soundtrack, poster, etc., hardcover version of anthology book, and some other stuff.

The Banner Saga for $50 - Art book, soundtrack, all three chapters of the game, and ability to design my own family crest to put in the game.

That's it so far.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker