LOL WTFudge. IT certifications is this EVEN LEGAL?!

Sharky Forums

Thread: LOL WTFudge. IT certifications is this EVEN LEGAL?!

LOL WTFudge. IT certifications is this EVEN LEGAL?!

http://www.passmcitpmcse.com/

We are proud to offer you a specialized service for IT professionals that are interested in having the certification process dealt with quickly, and without any problems. When you provide us with the necessary information that is required to have the certification in your name, we can get the exams done for you securely and professionally.

Your exams will be passed at a partner authorized Prometric or Pearson VUE testing center by one of our contracted test administrators. When the exams are finished, you will be able to verify your certification status on the official vendor's website and receive your certificate at home, exactly the same as if you had done the exam yourself.
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

Hahaha ....

People who just buy their certification will get found out on the interview straight away. People must have the practical application to back up their accreditation and will get found out very quickly. Worked with plenty of nitwits who just buy their qualifications.

Once worked with this Indian contractor, who claimed to have an MCSE which I dont have. However I had to tell him how to get in to the bios and change the boot order, how to point to an image, etc. I felt quite aggrieved that idiot was receiving the same pay as I was. Wish I could have outed the dirty little backstabber and take his qualification instead.

Most permie places I have found, the IT interviews tend to last half a day at least. Only 10mins of that is face to face interview time, the rest is loads of tests. The following question for example is a very basic networking question. If you just buy your qualification, you only have a one in four chance of answering correctly:

CCNA Question 4:
    What does VTP stand for?

A. Virtual Trunk Protocol
    B. Virtual Telnet Protocol
    C. VLAN Trunk Protocol
    D. Virtual Transport Protocol
    Compaq A910em: T2330 dual core 1.6Ghz, X3100 384MB GPU, 160GB sata HDD, 2GB RAM
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Why bother? Just write that your certified on your resume. If they don't check it doesn't matter if you have a real one, a fake one, or none at all. Hell, if they DO try to verify the authenticity then there's a good chance you won't get the job even if you actually are certified, since they clearly don't trust you.

I can't imagine in what scenario having a "real" certificate without any of the knowledge would be of a benefit to you… maybe in a non-US country where it's a bit harder to fire people? I don't know.
    Last edited by ImaNihilist; 03-21-2012 at 06:54 PM.

*** I have NO IDEA how this would benefit you because I can only imagine that it would be east to sort those people out.

So you can do networking...ok try to do test XYZ in this time period here's your equipment go. Since you got none of the training you won't be able to do it.
    Rigs
    Custom Built: Intel i7 930 @ 2.8 Ghz, 5870 GPU, 12 GIG Ram,3x1.5 TBs,1x500 GB, 250 GB SSD Logitech G51 surrond sound 27 inch monitor FUll Tower Cooler Master Case
    Laptop: M17X 2.83Ghz Dual Core, 4870 GPU, 4 GIG Ram, 320 GIG, 500 GIG HDD
    Get around Lappy: ASUS Aspire One: 1.6 GHz, IGP, 1 GIG ram, 160 GIG HDD

Quote Originally Posted by ImaNihilist View Post
    Why bother? Just write that your certified on your resume. If they don't check it doesn't matter if you have a real one, a fake one, or none at all. Hell, if they DO try to verify the authenticity then there's a good chance you won't get the job even if you actually are certified, since they clearly don't trust you.
    I never thought of it that way.

I'm not the kind to lie on my CV. The biggest lie I ever tell is trying to diplomatically state why I left X company in the past ....
    Compaq A910em: T2330 dual core 1.6Ghz, X3100 384MB GPU, 160GB sata HDD, 2GB RAM
    Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
    Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Quote Originally Posted by wh666-666 View Post
    I never thought of it that way.

I'm not the kind to lie on my CV. The biggest lie I ever tell is trying to diplomatically state why I left X company in the past ....
    This is kind of the big joke about the resume. Unless POLICY dictates that a resume must be vetted for accuracy, it doesn't matter if you lie. You can say that you graduated from Harvard summa cum laude and it doesn't really matter if you did or not. If you did, you better be able to prove that it has some kind of value, if you didn't you better be able to prove that your lie has the same value. It's a lot more difficult to prove the latter.

It matters for big companies that make it corporate policy and government jobs, but for most of the private market it just don't matter. The resume is just a list of things to talk about in the event of awkward silence.

I always ask technical scenario based questions in the very first interview. I would quickly discover that you are a fraud. Having a cert with no knowledge means you are just as worthless as if you didn't have it.

Ultra Great White Shark!! richardginn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertices View Post
    I always ask technical scenario based questions in the very first interview. I would quickly discover that you are a fraud. Having a cert with no knowledge means you are just as worthless as if you didn't have it.
    yeah...
    www.myeducational plan.com-come see my plan to fix the USA educational system. I hope this is sig legal. Major Site Design Update on July 18, 2006. On June 18, 2009 passed the 10,000 post mark. December 24, 2009: Major Theme change and more....