GTX680 2GB is out!

Sharky Forums

Thread: GTX680 2GB is out!

Threaded View

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    I'm most excited about nvidia now supporting over 2 monitors on a single card.
    Can you provide a few links to this? I saw a brief note about 3-display support, but I haven't been able to really find more details. Most of the reviews only touch on the fact that nVidia has some how solved driving more than 2 TMDS type displays at a time.

*Edit: What I've been able to find.

http://www.geforce.com/optimize/guid...80-surround/#1
    Quote Originally Posted by nvidia.com
    In 2D Surround, any combination of monitors that share common timings is perfectly acceptable, though each must have, at minimum, one DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort connector. Aesthetically, identical monitors are preferable, but not a requirement.
    In 3D Vision Surround, each monitor must be an identical make and model, and you must use three matching digital connectors. We will go into detail below, but you may need additional adapters for this.
    The Accessory Display, the forth monitor, does not have to be identical to the three Surround displays, but does require one of the three possible connectors.

In 3D Vision Surround, any monitor connected to the DisplayPort output must use a DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter so that all three monitors are using Dual-Link DVI.
    Last edited by James; 03-23-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64