ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard, ASUS ENGTX560 Ti issue... need help badly!

Sharky Forums

Thread: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard, ASUS ENGTX560 Ti issue... need help badly!

Expensive Sushi

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard, ASUS ENGTX560 Ti issue... need help badly!

Ok guys, I have an ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard MOBO, and I've tried TWO different ASUS GTX560 Ti cards on the mother board, in every PCIE_16 slot there is. No signal at all to the monitor. The monitor works fine, and I can't imagine TWO cards and/or all slots are bad, so there has to be something obvious I am missing. I have both power inputs plugged in (though each PCIE power cable from my corsair 750 has a little extra module attached) and the fans spin up just fine. I can't see post nor can I access the BIOS because I have no image on the monitor at all, please help!!

Here are my system specs:

AMD FD8150FRGUBOX FX-8150 Processor

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A2133C11R Vengeance Red Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-17000, DDR3-2133MHz

Patriot PPSE60GS25SSDR Pyro SE Solid State Drive - 60GB, SATA III

Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive (x2)

Lite-On iHES112-04 12X Internal Blu-Ray Writer (x2)

Corsair HX 750 PSU

ASUS ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II TOP Video Card

I can't help but think there is just some cable on the MOBO I neglected to plug in, but for the life of me, I have no idea.

I've removed all but the essentials for booting. I've swapped RAM slots, swapped out memory sticks, etc. I even bought a Sempron as I heard the Bulldozer needs a BIOS flash to work on that board. but even with the old CPU, I am still getting no signal. I know the monitor works, I've tested it on another machine. It is a brand new build.

Great White Shark
    And just to ask the obvious.

You have al power cables plugged in correctly? That means that the 8-pin CPU power is going to the motherboard, and the 6/8 ping PCIe power is plugged into the video card. If you accidentally do it backwards, bad things happen.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

two power connects on MB, the normal one along right edge, and the other top left...

make sure you plug in the proper one on top left, they are keyed square or square/half round, pretty hard to mess up...it is not the pci-e plug...

also, the right edge is a two piece plug, make sure you have them properly interlocked for complete insertion or the small add on connector will not insert completely as interlock edge will be in the way...

I apologise if you have already done this...

good luck...

laterzzzz...........
    Last edited by bldegle2; 04-01-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    I am gettin too old for all this st.ff!

Specs? it runs.................

Tbird quotes:

"I dont care that much for gaming"
    "I am done with 3dmark."

AsRock 970 Extreme4,Vishera 8320 @4.6, Vertex 4 256GB SataIII SSD, 2xVelociraptor 600GB 10,000 spinner in raid 0 storage....16g Gskill DDR3 2133 @2292, ATI 6850, back on huge air (quiet)....HP Laptop redone OS (ie, no HP krud), AMD Phenom II N620, 8gig DDR3 1333 ram, Sanddisk SataII 120GB SSD, Toshiba 500GB 7200 spinner...

Expensive Sushi
    Quote Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
    two power connects on MB, the normal one along right edge, and the other top left...

make sure you plug in the proper one on top left, they are keyed square or square/half round, pretty hard to mess up...it is not the pci-e plug...

also, the right edge is a two piece plug, make sure you have them properly interlocked for complete insertion or the small add on connector will not insert completely as interlock edge will be in the way...

I apologise if you have already done this...

good luck...

laterzzzz...........

What do you mean by "Two piece plug", sir? You don't happen to have a picture, do you?

that is an option for older boards to be compatible with newer power supplies, the main plug on the right side should have two pieces, the 20 pin and a 4 pin clip that go in the same plugin...they have to align properly...

the other plug at the top left is a different one...

this is all explained in the manual, that is where I went to check the schematic of YOUR motherboard, I suggest revisiting the manual for a reread...as a previous poster stated, if for some reason you plugged in a connector in the wrong slot on the motherboard, you may have fried a circuit or three...I did that once and was able to repair the damage, it was a surface trace, easy to repair...board still lives fours years later in a customers build...

also, a read on your power supply specs and plugins would help you a whole lot, I leave that to you...I noticed that you seem to have a list of continueing problems with various parts in your very short postage history which leads me to believe you jump in before you thoroughly read or research...I am guilty of the same thing on occassion, so I understand...

I agree, two video cards can't be bad, it has to be the plugins on your motherboard...

again, good luck..

laterzzz........
    Last edited by bldegle2; 04-02-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Tbird quotes:

"I am done with 3dmark."

AsRock 970 Extreme4,Vishera 8320 @4.6, Vertex 4 256GB SataIII SSD, 2xVelociraptor 600GB 10,000 spinner in raid 0 storage....16g Gskill DDR3 2133 @2292, ATI 6850, back on huge air (quiet)....HP Laptop redone OS (ie, no HP krud), AMD Phenom II N620, 8gig DDR3 1333 ram, Sanddisk SataII 120GB SSD, Toshiba 500GB 7200 spinner...

Expensive Sushi
    that is an option for older boards to be compatible with newer power supplies, the main plug on the right side should have two pieces, the 20 pin and a 4 pin clip that go in the same plugin...they have to align properly...

the other plug at the top left is a different one...

this is all explained in the manual, that is where I went to check the schematic of YOUR motherboard, I suggest revisiting the manual for a reread...as a previous poster stated, if for some reason you plugged in a connector in the wrong slot on the motherboard, you may have fried a circuit or three...I did that once and was able to repair the damage, it was a surface trace, easy to repair...board still lives fours years later in a customers build...

also, a read on your power supply specs and plugins would help you a whole lot, I leave that to you...I noticed that you seem to have a list of continueing problems with various parts in your very short postage history which leads me to believe you jump in before you thoroughly read or research...I am guilty of the same thing on occassion, so I understand...

I agree, two video cards can't be bad, it has to be the plugins on your motherboard...

again, good luck..

laterzzz........

Hmm, thanks! Sadly I am so busy that I usually only come here when things are NOT working, ya know? I will keep plugging away at it, thanks!

Expensive Sushi
    Just in case anyone else googles this issue: I had a screw that I believe was shorting out my board. When I removed it, it booted just fine. I was able to flash the BIOS and it recognizes my Bulldozer CPU now.

or that, LOL. what screw was it?
    Last edited by bldegle2; 04-03-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Tbird quotes:

"I am done with 3dmark."

or that, LOL. what screw was it?
    A loose one, of course...
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD