AMD HD 7970 question.

Sharky Forums

Thread: AMD HD 7970 question.

Sushi

AMD HD 7970 question.

Hello. This is my first post here.....I use MS Flight Sim 2004 & make my own WW2 airfields. I've made an RAF Ibsley that was a small fighter airfield about 3 miles away from me. I'm involved in rescuing the control tower & when finished will show an on-demand video so visitors can see what it might have been like 70 odd years ago when used by allied airforces leading up to D Day.

I've a new AMD HD 7970 graphics card & have a couple of questions about tweaking it.

1/ should I edit desktop or video colour or a combination of both to get a good picture? 2/ Is there a crib or tutorial around I can use for using the Catalyst Control Centre & all the settings & options available in it? I've no idea what most of the terms mean....

I swapped to the AMD graphics because window glazing bars 'flashed' with the GTX in situ. Another computer I use with ATI 4870 512Mb graphics doesn't
    exhibit this trait.

New specs:
    ·1 Corsair Obsidian 600T - Mesh Edition Case
    ·2 Intel Core I7 960 3.20GHz Quad Core Processor
    ·3 Corsair Hydro H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    ·4 Asus Sabertooth Intel X58 Mainboard
    ·5 Corsair Vengeance 6GB 1600MHz CAS8 Memory Kit
    ·6 AMD Saphire HD 7970 Graphics (was GeForce GTX 590)
    ·7 OCZ Vertex 2E 240GB Solid State Hard Drive
    ·8 OCZ Vertex 2E 240GB Solid State Hard Drive
    ·9 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter
    ·10 OnBoard Sound Card
    ·11 Corsair Pro Gold AX850W Power Supply
    ·12 Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

I hope I've put this post in the right place....
    Thanks,
    Terry Wallis.

Welcome and while I can't answer most of your stuff, if you will be running FS 2004 to display the airport/tower, I'd set FSAA at max and any sort of filtering (eg. Anisotropic) to max.. and obviously set the resolution to the max.

7970 may be bit overkill for FS 2004. If you need to save some money, you could do with 6850 I'm pretty sure...