Amazon game sales....AWESOME!

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon game sales....AWESOME!

Amazon game sales....AWESOME!

Check out the sale price of some of these games, left me slack jawed. Paid full price for SR3, Metro 2033, Kingdom of Amalur, The Darkness 2 amongst others...
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...89381&plpage=1
    Save Ana
    http://www.jpages.net/HelpAna.htm

Main Rig - All AMD build: R9 3900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB 3600CL17 Patriot ViperRGB | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung QVO SATA SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 6TB WD Black | Corsair HX 1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Samsung LC49HG90DMEXX 32:9 | iFi Micro iDSD BL | LG SL8YG Soundbar | 64bit Win10 Pro

Great White Shark
    Any DRM on the games?

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Most activate on Steam... or Origin...

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    That is a good sale LA Noire for 5 dolllars.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

its pretty easy to see how amazon is going to eventually kill bestbuy
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    I got Crysis 2 for $7.50.

Hard not to at that price. Aside from megablockbusters like Skyrim and a few others, I don't see myself ever playing close to full price for games again.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by kpxgq View Post
    its pretty easy to see how amazon is going to eventually kill bestbuy
    It's really weird to see what's happening right now. Best Buy is on life support, but Amazon isn't doing that well either. Their margins were never amazing, and the growth of their retail business isn't booming.

There's this company, I believe in Japan, that has a store in a subway terminal where every item has a QR code and you go into the store and "buy things" by snapping a picture of the item. You don't walk out with the item, instead they deliver it to your home.

For a while now this is kind of what's been happening with Best Buy and Amazon. People walk into Best Buy, see the product in person, then go home and buy it on Amazon. The Amazon app for iOS, BB and Android even lets you snap a picture of the UPC and order it on the spot.

It be pretty sweet if Amazon had stores for this explicit purpose, at least with high value items. Might help with margins too.

Picked up Dragon Age for $10 after passing it over in a few other sales.

Still debating Darkness 2, dunno if I need another shooter right now.
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaNihilist View Post
    The Amazon app for iOS, BB and Android even lets you snap a picture of the UPC and order it on the spot.
    I know I'm in the minority, but I have to say that with Windows Phone, I just use the "visual" search. It will scan whatever I'm looking at and show several places to purchase. That kind of thing makes me feel like dedicated apps are not necessary anymore.

As for the sale at Amazon, I got LA Noire. Couldn't get it activated on Steam though.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    It's really weird to see what's happening right now. Best Buy is on life support, but Amazon isn't doing that well either. Their margins were never amazing, and the growth of their retail business isn't booming.

There's this company, I believe in Japan, that has a store in a subway terminal where every item has a QR code and you go into the store and "buy things" by snapping a picture of the item. You don't walk out with the item, instead they deliver it to your home.

For a while now this is kind of what's been happening with Best Buy and Amazon. People walk into Best Buy, see the product in person, then go home and buy it on Amazon. The Amazon app for iOS, BB and Android even lets you snap a picture of the UPC and order it on the spot.

It be pretty sweet if Amazon had stores for this explicit purpose, at least with high value items. Might help with margins too.
    If Best Buy can penetrate the Chinese market then I expect for them to be around for a another couple of years as they ride the growing Chinese middle class wave. Chinese prefer to view personally and purchase things in store because of the knock-off issues and there consumption of electronics is growing.
    Last edited by taggart6; 04-09-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    If Best Buy can penetrate the Chinese market then I expect for them to be around for a another couple of years as they ride the growing Chinese middle class wave. Chinese prefer to view personally and purchase things in store because of the knock-off issues and there consumption of electronics is growing.
    Is BB trying to break into China? I haven't really been following them for a while. Just see their failures in the headlines.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Is BB trying to break into China? I haven't really been following them for a while. Just see their failures in the headlines.
    They are. They own the Five Star electronics chain in China and are opening some odd 30 to 50 stores IIRC. When best buy bought five star in 2006 it was the 4th largest appliance retail in China. No idea now but I believe its grown to be one of the op 2 or 3.
    Last edited by taggart6; 04-09-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

ive officially also cancelled my Netflix subscription thanks to amazon... they recently added PS3 support, so with an Amazon Prime account (i pay $39/yr for it) i get free 2-day shipping on everything i buy from amazon and also get unlimited streaming to my PS3 with Amazon's video app.

for the most part i have switched...
    movie streaming from Netflix -> Amazon (essentially free with my prime sub)
    hardware purchases from newegg -> Amazon (same price and faster shipping)
    game purchases from Steam -> Amazon (cheaper for many games and unlocks on Steam)
    android app purchases from Google -> Amazon (frequently rotates free apps)

im still using spotify for my music streaming since i have a free grandfathered account but i would be tempted to switch to amazon as well
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Instead of people using BB to browse before purchasing on amazon, they will use BB to browse before stepping out of the door and buying a bootleg version.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    Instead of people using BB to browse before purchasing on amazon, they will use BB to browse before stepping out of the door and buying a bootleg version.
    The door is probably a bootleg too.