California GameStops must put warnings on used games with DLC - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: California GameStops must put warnings on used games with DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespy View Post
    No, it doesn't apply to gamefly yet. In the next month or so I guarantee it will. But again, after 20 years of renting games (There are a LOT of people that rent games and have for a very long time), those same people are going to at one point unknowingly run into this issue. Pretty frustrating to rent something you can't play IMO. I understand it will happen once and then they will pay attention to never rent anything from EA again after they get screwed once then do their homework on games in the future.
    Sounds like someone got screwed with Battlefield 3, lol.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidCrash View Post
    Ah. The only time I've shopped at Gamestop, the manager asked me about three or four times if I wanted to place a pre-order. I don't think I've been back since, lol. It didn't help that he seemed genuinely upset with me that I didn't commit to his store before the game even came out, lol (Red Dead Redemption).
    I've never understood the high-pressure sales tactics that some people use. Does it ever work? It just makes me entrenched in my decision and mad at the establishment.

I only pop into GS to browse very cheap games that aren't worth paying shipping for.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Sounds like someone got screwed with Battlefield 3, lol.
    I bought it brand new for $60. I'm not talking about personal experience just what has and will happen to others. Then it will have a ripple effect and less and less people will be renting/buying used games. I know this is a shocker but there are a lot of people who cannot afford new games. AND a lot of people who want to see if they like the game first before purchasing it.
    Last edited by Snakespy; 04-22-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    I've never understood the high-pressure sales tactics that some people use. Does it ever work? .
    it works very well on the general public.. not well informed geeks
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespy View Post
    I know this is a shocker but there are a lot of people who cannot afford new games. AND a lot of people who want to see if they like the game first before purchasing it.
    I know people are broke, and I'm not totally against buying used games. But $5 less for a used game is just kind of insulting, and I'm not even a video game developer. Sorry, I guess I'm too passionate about my favorite hobby.

If people are broke and can't afford a newly released game at $59.99, then why would they spend $54.99 for a used. If they had the patience, they could wait a few months and get a new copy for less than it was used when it was first released.

With that said, I'm done with the thread. Seems like you're arguing more about online passes than you are about the Gamestop law.
    Last edited by LiquidCrash; 04-22-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I know people are broke, and I'm not totally against buying used games. But $5 less for a used game is just kind of insulting, and I'm not even a video game developer. Sorry, I guess I'm too passionate about my favorite hobby.

If people are broke and can't afford a newly released game at $59.99, then why would they spend $54.99 for a used. If they had the patience, they could wait a few months and get a new copy for less than it was used when it was first released.

With that said, I'm done with the thread. Seems like you're arguing more about online passes than you are about the Gamestop law.

I typically pick up my used games when they are in the $10 to $20 range.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.