NVIDIA unleashes GeForce GTX 690 graphics card.... - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVIDIA unleashes GeForce GTX 690 graphics card....

Mako Shark
    [QUOTE=Timman_24;2764142]No way. I have a 680 GTX and the difference between my 360/PS3 and my computer is ridiculous. Muddy textures, aliasing, low amount of post processing, small shader support, low FPS, low resolution with hardware scaling, etc etc plague console games.

The difference has been noticeable since the 4xxx series. Not sure what the same generation of Nvidia card is. I would game on my computer then watch people game on an Xbox360 and it was obvious then. It has accelerated since then. I can only imagine how good the current generation looks.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoom View Post
    The difference has been noticeable since the 4xxx series. Not sure what the same generation of Nvidia card is. I would game on my computer then watch people game on an Xbox360 and it was obvious then. It has accelerated since then. I can only imagine how good the current generation looks.
    On of the biggest jumps for me recently is getting a 120HZ monitor. Playing at 120fps and actually seeing 120fps is something to behold. We will be lucky to actually get a consistent 60fps on the next gen consoles.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Mako Shark
    I agree with you completely. The thing I notice mostly is the low quality of the textures. There is little detail when compared to PC graphics. I do all my gaming on a plasma TV so not exactly sure what the 600hz sub field thing translates to in LCD refresh rate. I think I am CPU limited at the moment so I am "stuck" with crossfired 5850's. It will be a while before I can justify a new build. I am just got a 980BE. As soon as I get some time I will install that. I am hoping for 4ghz out of it. That should boast me some but not enough to make a 7xxx series card worth I don't think.
    Last edited by drdoom; 05-02-2012 at 01:51 PM.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoom View Post
    I agree with you completely. The thing I notice mostly is the low quality of the textures. There is little detail when compared to PC graphics. I do all my gaming on a plasma TV so not exactly sure what the 600hz sub field thing translates to in LCD refresh rate. I think I am CPU limited at the moment so I am "stuck" with crossfired 5850's. It will be a while before I can justify a new build. I am just got a 980BE. As soon as I get some time I will install that. I am hoping for 4ghz out of it. That should boast me some but not enough to make a 7xxx series card worth I don't think.
    Yup, low textures and no AA/AF on consoles is the primary detractor for me. It is no wonder they have poor textures, I believe the 360 only have 256MB of video memory... I play on a Plasma as well, but it only accepts 60hz signals. With plasma it has more to do with the electronics than the claimed "600hz" response.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead