Security Shield 2012 help.

Sharky Forums

Thread: Security Shield 2012 help.

Mako Shark

Security Shield 2012 help.

I booted my laptop and one of those stupid phony virus scanners popped up. I let someone use my laptop at work so I am guessing that is where I got the stupid thing. I was on it last night but didn't go on any site I don't usually visit. Anyway, I got irritated because of course all my software was disabled with the fake infected messages. I left it and went to do some other things and when I came back it seems to be gone. There is no icon in the tray. The internet works. Hijack This, msconfig, superantispyware all work. So how did the computer fix itself? All I have on it is MS security essentials. I want to make sure it is clean before rebooting.

In most instances, Fake Anti-Virus and other infections can be easily removed with the assistance and tools from the experts at Bleeping Computers.com.

Security Shiels 2012 is classified as "hostage ware" and is easily handled by Malwarebyes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...ecurity-shield
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe CPU: Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K 3.4GHz @ 5.0GHz (Coolermaster V8 Cooler) RAM: 8GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC12800 Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX460 Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio Monitor: HP 2711x (27” LED) SSD: 120GB OCZ Vertex 4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 1000W