I'm using firefox and google in internet explorer and whenever using a keyword to look up something usually in firefox I get redirected instead of going directly to the link I click on, but sometimes in google too and I get a different search engine from just google called Funmoods.
- Google, download and run hijackthis.
- Close all browsers.
- Do a scan, you results will look like this:
- See all the entries for R1 and R0? Select all of them to be deleted. There will be a lot of junk entries, every last one needs to be deleted.
- Click fix checked and exit hijackthis.
- Go in to your browser, you should have a blank page. Do a search, you should be able to do so without it redirecting when you click on something.
If it still redirects and you dont want to re-install your OS, you'll need to do a spyware scan. If you google and download MBAM, that works very well. You get the best results by hitting f8 after you start your PC up and going in to safe mode, then scanning. May take a couple of hours.
Compaq A910em: T2330 dual core 1.6Ghz, X3100 384MB GPU, 160GB sata HDD, 2GB RAM
Gaming rig: Asus Striker II, Coolermaster GX 750w, E4600 @ 2.4Ghz, 2.5GB RAM, Zerotherm FZ 120, 9500GT 1GB
Server: Mac mini running W23k Server - 1.8Ghz dual-core, 1GB RAM, 1x80GB, 2x500GB externals + LTO1 tape backup