Lost of my taskbar

Sharky Forums

Thread: Lost of my taskbar

Lost of my taskbar

Hi,

I knew I would be back sooner or later and now we get to test out to see if I get an email notification for those of you who remember that ordeal.

My issue now is.................I ran all my computer maintenance scanners. I ran CCleaner (both cleaner and registry), SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, and partially ran Defraggler because I had to end that task to shut down my computer to get up and leave.

Ever since then, I came back home and noticed that my lappy booted up fine, and I do see the clock and Avast icon on the right hand side (bottom) of the tray, but nothing else. I used to see like 5 other things, like the battery level, HP Health Check and now I"m drawing a blank because I can't remember what was there. Oh, volume and internet connection icon. I am not talking about the quick launch buttons on the left side because they are all there.

I researched this problem and they said to right-click on the taskbar and go to properties and uncheck the box that says Auto-Hide Taskbar.

I may not be using correct terminology here because I see the start button and a bar across the bottom, I'm just not seeing the things that should launch when I first boot my system like mentioned above.

I meant to say System Tray!

Any ideas?
    Last edited by linsjean; 06-28-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Edit for proper teminology
    HP Envy, Windows 10

Right click on the Task Bar->Properties->Inactive Icons->Customize button

Set the icons you want to see to -> Always Show
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Vista has a little bit of different way to get there. It's under a tab called Notification Area in the Taskbar Properties. At first the boxes for Clock, Volume, Network and Power were grayed out, but after a restart, they came back so I could tick those boxes, so I'm seeing those things again in my System Tray. I'm guessing something went wrong when I ran CCleaner and scanned the Registry. I'm also guessing that some things are not active unless they are needed like Windows Update and a HP Health check and some other things. I guess this issue is solved now. Thanks
    HP Envy, Windows 10