Can't decide on whiat new laptop to buy - Page 3

Sharky Forums

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't decide on whiat new laptop to buy

Catfish
    Quote Originally Posted by linsjean View Post
    Hi We will get there eventually, lol

1. I understand about the Full HD and full color Gamut from Lenovo and I see it's out of stock. If they do not order one for me, then I will be stuck with 1600 x 900 (that's not so bad, is it)? And no, I'm not going to give anything to anyone and buy things and they pay me. I want things in MY name with a warranty. Plus I am not made of money. I am poor actually. I got my taxes back, so if I can get things later, that's what I want to do. To me, that IS being smart.

2. Thank you the link again, and I have copy/pasted these things into a Word document so bring with me tomorrow. I am glad you mentioned I can buy some things later because I am on a very poor budget! I just looked at the packing slip that came with the Envy, and I paid just about $800. I can do the extra totaling $989, but that's it. I will get the RAM later, but thank you for the numbers of it so I get the right kind when I decide to buy Outside.

3. I don't have time to do an email to Best Buy right now. I am due to bring this machine back tomorrow. I will go in person and see if they have the hardware/software that I want, but if not, I will buy as is. Again, I cannot use the credit to buy something else from Best Buy and buy directly from Lenovo. I must use the credit to buy from Best Buy, otherwise, I can't afford to buy elsewhere.

4. It is a shame that I have to use one of my USB ports for my wireless mouse. I really like my Logitech wireless mouse (lack of cords everywhere), but I don't know much about Radio Dongle. And you mentioned that it is a USB device. I have a hub so I can use that if needed, except the hub is not 3.0, darn.

5. I have backed up all my pics, music and data files onto my external HD. It's all safe there. Would not be a bad idea to burn DVD's to back up again because I did have the unfortunate episode of losing all of my data on the laptop I am typing on now, the Compaq. I learned my lesson. My bookmarks are a mess. I have duplicates in Firefox like 3 that are called toolbar bookmarks and 3 that are called menu bookmarks. I know, I have not organized well. But it is what it is and I can organize bookmarks later after I import that into my next laptop. And of course I will need to download everything all over again which I find grusome! But it must be done. I had so many pop ups on the HP Envy that it annoyed me becuase they wouldn't go away. Sometimes FF would even redirect me to places I did not want to go. Argggh! Just from touching my touchpad.

6. No, I did not make recovery disks for the HP Envy. I just want the admin password to go away. I am typing on my Compaq and it doesn't have a password protected logon. Anyway, I think I will change the password to something that I will never remember, therefore, they can get into the Envy and just do a clean sweep and resell it i guess?

One last thing, my back kills me when I sit at home and spend even 10 minutes using my computer. It's not at the right height and I think my computer chair is not a ergonomically safe. When I go to work, I have no problems, but here I must look down at my laptop. Maybe put it on a little stand? Before I was thinking of buying a new laptop, I was going to get one of those cooling devices to circulate air underneath my compaq, but I need more ideas how to get work station (basically a picnic table) and my chair in the right height so I can rest my wrists and type. Plus, all of my devices are warm to hot to the touch, my compaq metal parts are hot, my router on the bottom is warm/hot and my adapter to the power plug is very warm.

Plz reply ASAP because tomorrow by 11am I am out of here on my way to Best Buy. Thanks for sticking with me.

Hi again ,

well it is simple then

goto Bestbuy and ask them for the Lenovo T530 with the specs you want. if they dont have it , or refuse to order it for you , then pick anyone from them ... and the HD+ 1600X900 are not bad they are like all other laptops in the 1000$ price range .. but the Full HD is better with better colors thats all ...

the sad thing however is that it is more expensive at best buys than the Lenovo shops ... the HD+ 1600x900 T530 is for $1019 there even more expensive that the $989 with Full HD from Lenovo .. you will pay more and get less.

dont worry you are not poor ... you can still buy Notebooks and you have a rich mind and alot of energy as I can see

you can find most wireless mices in both Bluetooth versions and with dongle (non blue tooth like the one you bought ) ... so next time be careful ..

I wish you the best.

as for the Password , well I dont know if windows 8 keeps old passwords or not after changing the password. just avoid using that password. and dont worry if you return the notebook they will factory install a fresh system on it.

Edit : here are the specs to show them :

Lenovo ThinkPad T530

System Components
    Intel Core i5-3210M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)
    Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
    15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) LED Backlit AntiGlare Display, Mobile Broadband Ready
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    4 GB DDR3 - 1600MHz (1 DIMM)
    Keyboard - US English
    UltraNav with Fingerprint Reader
    720p HD Camera with Microphone
    320GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
    DVD Recordable
    Express Card Slot & 4-in-1 Card Reader
    6 Cell Li-Ion TWL 70+
    90W AC Adapter - US (2pin)
    Bluetooth 4.0 with Antenna
    ThinkPad 1x1 b/g/n
    Mobile Broadband upgradable

Price : $989

you can change and add for more money , I dont know how much you can go up

for example , $50 for better 9 cell battery , or/and, Intel Core i5-3320M for 55$ more

Edit : Sorry for the short reply I was in a Hurry , regarding your notebook at very low hight , I dunno what to suggest , there are many options... from buying a computer desk , to a hight adjustable table / chair .. and yet I dont know what you can Afford ..

can you explain more how your items are getting hot ? and the router ? you said you place it at bottom , bottom of what? on a rug ? on the ground ? on a shelve ?

and it is strange that your Compaq notebook is getting hot to touch ... I cant decide however the reason from here ...
    Last edited by PCVSNotebook; 03-02-2013 at 07:40 AM.