Is using secure messaging like Tigertext safe for PC?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Is using secure messaging like Tigertext safe for PC?

Sushi

Is using secure messaging like Tigertext safe for PC?

My friend uses uses secure messaging at his work for medical laws (HIPAA) and that doctors can't let the patient info leak so this type of secure messaging app like Tigertext.com is supposed to be very secure. I do a bunch of financial transactions at home with some bank clients and I was wondering if they have something like this for PC and is it safe to use for this kind of work?

I have a little experience with TigerText since I used it for a healthcare job I did a little while back.

It is a great little app, and they do have a PC interface for it, so you can use it to send and receive secure messages from your PC or your phone.

It meets HIPAA data security requirements, and the messages are encrypted, remote wipe able and auto-deleting, so it should be more than enough security for financial transition info and messages.

They now have a $1 million HIPAA violation guarantee, but I don't think if it applies to non-medical related messages, but shows that Tigertext seem pretty confident in the security level of the app:

http://www.tigertext.com/compliance-guarantee/

Hope this helps.
    No Pentium yet!!!

CPU : AMD FX-56
    Mobo: ABIT KN9 SLI
    Mem : 2 x 512 Kingston
    GPU : ATI 850XT
    SND : Fatal1ty FPS X-FI by Creative
    HDD : Barrucuda SATA 200Gb
    KEY : Fatal1ty
    MOS : MS Laser

I also used TigerText in my day-to-day routine and it didn't cause any problem concerning with a security. I think it's good enough and can be recomended for usage.