Dragonfly USB DAC

Sharky Forums

Thread: Dragonfly USB DAC

Dragonfly USB DAC

Holy crap!!
    Have you guys tried this?!~ I was informed of this by a NASA guy who is an audiophile and so I gave it a try and wow!! Music never sounded so much purer and clearer!! This thing bypasses what Foobar tries to do but on hardware level and I'm listening to my own music collection as if I never heard it before!!

Any of you out there that also tried it?! I got mine (v1.0) on eBay for $80.

I'm serious... you all need to try this thing out just to hear what you've been missing!! Literally!!

Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    I'm serious... you all need to try this thing out just to hear what you've been missing!! Literally!!
    Funny timing. I was digging into the dragonfly a week or so ago and wound up spending a day or five reading up on dacs and amps.

Wound up going with an objective2+odac set that just arrived tonight. Pretty nice so far. I might still pick up a dragonfly, or perhaps an hrt streamer, for the office.

o2/odac:

Forgive the lousy quality shot, but that's the o2 sitting on top of a scarlett 2i2. it basically comes in around 4.5 inches wide and has some impressive stats. It was designed by an old headfi member who was loud about the lack of objective data from audiophiles and it's worth checking out his blog http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/...impedance.html Strangely the dude pulled a _why and disappeared from the public about a year ago now, but thankfully after he open-sourced the schematics for the dac/amp set.
    Insert ancient Sharky sig here
    [
    Prince Vindir of the OC Crusaders
    Holding Boundaries and Breaking Barriers

]

Wow... very nice! Looks awesome!