Transfering vid from Dx to medial player

Sharky Forums

Thread: Transfering vid from Dx to medial player

Tiger Shark

Transfering vid from Dx to medial player

I xferred some video from my DroidX to my HDD & opened it with RealPlayer. It seems like I can't save the clips I added to this file. Is there a trick to this?

Also, is there software that anyone knows of (freeware) that can edit background noise or clear up digital fragmentation? Where I took the videos, there was a lot of wind & I can hear people talking but the wind is overshadowing the audio somewhat. There are also digital distortion sometimes (looks like digital squares that just appear) that I was hoping ot clean up.

I also tried Windows media player & movie maker for the vid clips but i keep getting message that they're not compatible with the file attempting to open due to the vid file extension (it's 3gp). Is there anything I can do to make these compatible rather than being stuck with real player?

Thanks for your help.

Great White Shark
    audacity is free/open source audio editing software. Definitely worth a look.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Tiger Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    audacity is free/open source audio editing software. Definitely worth a look.
    So I did download this and imported a video clip to it but all I hear is static plus there's no video. Is there something that reads vid & audio?