So I just got NWN 2...any advice?

Sharky Forums

Thread: So I just got NWN 2...any advice?

So I just got NWN 2...any advice?

I just got the complete edition of gog and installed it....first thing I noticed, it initially ran like **** on my laptop for some reason. BUT I turned the shadows to low with most other stuff on high and it runs great now so I guess it just has problems with shadows.

I never previously bothered with NWN because it didn't look that interesting to me and it focused on muliplayer iirc but the reason I got this is because the MOTB expansion to NWN2 is supposedly almost as awesome as Planescape Torment and that game is the best RPG I have ever played. I have heard the main campaign to NWN2 is pretty mediocre but has its moments and I am willing to give that a go rather than start at a disadvantage by going straight to MOTB.

Anyway I usually play as an intelligent and slightly evil and charismatic spell casting type character so I was gonna choose a wizard, sorcerer or Warlock. Are they all pretty well balanced? Also do the Deity options make much of a difference? Basically any character creation tips?

NWN was a great game regardless of playing it online or solo.

I also bought NWN2 from GOG and I have a serious problem with it.

NWN had a functional camera, why they couldn't have used it for NWN2 is beyond me.

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Camera

So other than making a Paladin and then trying to get a camera hack to work for around 20 mins I haven't played it.
    War... War never changes.

In my opinion, the game has so many little annoying problems (optimization, multiplayer, camera, bugs, etc) that it is entirely unplayable.

NWN 1 is better in every aspect except maybe the main campaign which was pretty mediocre (though I don't know how good the campaign in NWN 2 actually is).

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Take a lookat this: http://www.reddit.com/r/rpg_gamers/c...winter_nights/

Since Obsidian made NWN2 expect a bunch of buggy controls and awkward game mechanics. You are correct in that the expansions are much better then the original story.

If you haven't played NWN I would recommend that first. You can easily power through the main campaign as a fighter (magic classes are really weak in NWN) and the expansions for NWN are top notch.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.