Destiny

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Destiny

I haven't been paying much attention to this one since I thought it was PS4/XBO-only (I'm still annoyed that there's no PC version), but on Friday I learned it exists on last-gen as well, so I secured a PS3 beta key and spent a few hours playing. I'm enjoying it so far and the PvP is really fun, but I'm not sure if I like it enough to be sold on the full game yet. It feels like Halo in MMO-esque form, and I think that might be really cool.

Are any of you looking forward to this game? Anyone playing the beta?

I played the Alpha and I enjoyed it. I have access to the Beta, but I've been so busy with work I haven't had a chance to play it yet. It's just sitting there, installed on my PS4....
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz, MSI P67A-C43, Antec Kuhler 920, 16GB (4x4GB) Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Sapphire Reference R9 290x, Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD, Seagate 1TB HDD, Antec 650 Earthwatts, Antec 300, Corsair Vengeance K95 + M90
    Late 2009 21.5" iMac - 3.06ghz C2D, NVidia 9400m, 4gb RAM, 500gb Hard Drive, Magic Mouse
    Steam ID - Entrical85
    PSN ID - Entrical
    Currently playing: MLB 14: The Show

Destiny is the reason I invested $1k in ATVI stocks. This is going to be the next billion dollar franchise. I played the Alpha on a friends ps4 for many many hours last month. The game is epic. Epic I tell you. It is exactly what the gaming community needs. I will have it on the xbox ONE once it comes out.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Think I'm gonna finally get a PS4 when the Destiny bundle is released.
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

If I do end up buying the game, I have no idea what system I'd get it for. I hate using the PS3 controller for shooters, I don't want to sub to XBL again so I can play it on my 360 and I don't have the $400+ required to purchase either new-gen console.

I've had my PS4 pre-order in for months. Can't wait for September!
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    I've had my PS4 pre-order in for months. Can't wait for September!
    You will definitely love it. It does the whole FPS MMO thing so much better than Defiance did.

It's an okay enough game I guess. I'm not excited enough to pre-order it.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    It is fun but shooters are so underwhelming for me. This feels exactly like Halo and while that isn't necessarily bad, it makes the game feel stale right out of the gate. I might get it but only if I get peer pressure from my buddies lol.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

It still always comes down to the fact that I can't aim & shoot with those controllers!! >.<
    I miss my mouse & keyboard combo... Will it ever come to PC??

No plans for a PC release.

After spending some more time with the beta this weekend (including an hour on the moon during the event on Saturday), I question whether this game will have any legs. The PvP isn't as interesting as Halo since you only ever have 3 weapons equipped, and most of the time you will only ever be using one of them. No weapon pickups on the map makes the game feel far too static to me - you can't even pick up a weapon off your opponent! On a similar note, I'm disappointed by the lack of weapon variety overall and the upgrades I've found for my gear have been little more than just a general stat increase, sometimes with one little added bonus like having the gun reload faster.

Missed the beta due to work...just didn't have time. A friend of mine tried it and said it was a better Halo. No idea. I'll await the demo. I must say though that Sony must be paying quite a bit to make it seem like a PS4 exclusive in all the Destiny tv commercials though. They always end with the PS logo, not any other system.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Played at a bit on the PS3 and I'll be passing on this. It feels like a water downed MMO version of Halo. It tries so hard to be "EPIC" but I think it comes off as goofy and mediocre.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

No PC release?!! o.O Wonder if that PS3 Move will be supported... just can't aim fast enough with the stupid controller... >.<

I feel like the amount of content is lacking. Fun game for sure, just scared about its state as they said they want it to last a very long time. 20 DLC incoming lol.
    Main Desktop - i2600k -- 16gb ram -- MSI 7970 -- 128gb raid 0 Crucial m4ssd
    Laptop - Alienware 17
    Steam - Dmoore03
    PSN - DNasty03
    Battle.net ID - Drastix#1370