New Ultra-ish laptop

Sharky Forums

Thread: New Ultra-ish laptop

Hammerhead Shark

New Ultra-ish laptop

So I've finally come down to the realization that I will need to get myself a netbook/ultrabook. I have a customized laptop (i3@2.6Ghz, 8GB DDR 1333 Gskill Ram - added, 7200rpm sata hdd, M420) that I am going to sell. It was good for my program but it's too heavy for frequent travel and business stuff. So I am looking at these two:

Lenovo: http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Yoga-11.../dp/B00IQEA8UE

HP: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-2-...11-n010dx+x360

I want to know if other people have been able to do the following:

- install 8GB of RAM. Regardless of which one I get, I want to install 8GB of RAM.
    - replace the hdd with a SSD (probably my samsung 250gb ssd).

All I will be using it for is business related (word processing, number crunching SAS/SPSS, office, web browsing, listening to music). I won't be using to it play any serious games (maybe solitare or chess) and it needs to be this light because I will be taking it with me EVERYWHERE. To conferences, etc. Anyone know if I am able to do the two aforementioned items? I've never used one of these before.

Also if you look at the specs, there is $50 difference and it doesn't seem to make sense why. The configuration is almost the same.
    Last edited by kujoe2002; 08-12-2014 at 11:50 PM.

MOBO: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    CPU: i7-2700K @3.5 ghz
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 32GB (4 x 8GB)
    CPU COOLING:Corsair Hydro H80i
    VIDEO: MSI TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 760 OC N760 in SLI
    HDD: Intel 320-160GB SSD
    HDD: Samsung 840 250GB SSD
    MEDIA: Plextor Dual DVD
    PSU: CORSAIR HX750W
    CASE: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Full Tower
    10 x64 Home Premium
    Monitor: AOC ,32" curved 1440p

I currently have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Before it I had a Surface Pro 2, and before that a Surface Pro.

As for ultra-mobile computing, I personally only see one choice, Microsoft. The current machine is an I7 with 8GB DDR3 and a 512GB SSD. It's fast, light, and runs Windows. As a tablet or a notebook, it excels. From a business perspective, nothing else comes close.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

Hammerhead Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce255 View Post
    I currently have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Before it I had a Surface Pro 2, and before that a Surface Pro.

As for ultra-mobile computing, I personally only see one choice, Microsoft. The current machine is an I7 with 8GB DDR3 and a 512GB SSD. It's fast, light, and runs Windows. As a tablet or a notebook, it excels. From a business perspective, nothing else comes close.

1. way over my budget.
    2. I'm not looking for a tablet. Rather I am looking for a micro computer to complete papers and such. Lightweitht, compact. I'm not doing anything intense. The majority of it is word processing, reading pdf files and web surfing.

MOBO: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    CPU: i7-2700K @3.5 ghz
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 32GB (4 x 8GB)
    CPU COOLING:Corsair Hydro H80i
    VIDEO: MSI TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 760 OC N760 in SLI
    HDD: Intel 320-160GB SSD
    HDD: Samsung 840 250GB SSD
    MEDIA: Plextor Dual DVD
    PSU: CORSAIR HX750W
    CASE: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Full Tower
    10 x64 Home Premium
    Monitor: AOC ,32" curved 1440p

Quote Originally Posted by Geforce255 View Post
    Could you share a link where it's possible to find out more about this mobile-computing sample?