HP Probook shuts off during windows 7 boot every time

Sharky Forums

Thread: HP Probook shuts off during windows 7 boot every time

Catfish

HP Probook shuts off during windows 7 boot every time

Hey all,
    I just want to clear up one issue here, since I'm pretty much giving up on this laptop once I kinda figure this out. Basically, I have an HP Probook 4520s, and it was used heavily for many months before it finally stopped working completely, to the point that it would not get past the bios screen. I followed the manual though and figured out that the logic board was for sure done.

So I got a used but working logic board for the same laptop off eBay, for around $65. That way if I failed to get it to work after replacing the logic board, I could sell the laptop for parts and make up for the extra costs of buying that used logic board.

Well, after replacing everything, I press the power button with the power plugged into the Probook, and it gets past the bios screen, then during the time its booting windows, it just shuts down. It shuts down every time. Even if I choose the BIOS settings screen it will shut down after a few seconds every time.

I am guessing the CPU is overheating, and I used regular thermal paste that I used for all my desktop builds.

Do you guys think my theory is right?, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by voodoochild16; 09-10-2014 at 02:14 AM.