Dragon's Crown looks spectacular.

Sharky Forums

Thread: Dragon's Crown looks spectacular.

Dragon's Crown looks spectacular.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/drag.../1900-6412299/

Looks like I will have to pick up a PS3 one of these days. What else is good on the console that is platform specific? Since I have a 360 I have never really looked at PS3 only titles.

Reception

Dragon's Crown sold more than 300,000 physical retail copies in Japan within the first week of release across both PlayStation 3 and Vita platforms.[35] The Vita and PS3 versions were also the number 1 and 2, respectively, best-selling digital games on the Japanese PlayStation Network in 2013.[36] As of July 2014, worldwide sales of the game reached 940,000 copies.[37]

Reviews for the game have been positive overall; IGN gave Dragon's Crown a score of 8.5/10, calling it "great",[38] whilst GameSpot applauded the visual quality of the game, rating it at 8/10.[31] Joystiq gave the game 4 stars out of 5,[39] and Dualshockers referred to the game as a "revival of the side-scrolling genre", giving it a 9/10 score.[40] Destructoid gave the game a higher rating of 9.5/10.[41]

LOL. So now I need a Wii as well. Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii) - HQ Gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzTovZhrPpQ
    Last edited by Kung_Fu_Fighter; 09-13-2014 at 01:03 PM.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

100% Green Poster. ZERO Carbon Emissions.

Demetrius I of Macedon was offended when the Spartans sent his court a single envoy, and exclaimed angrily, "What! Have the Lacedaemonians sent no more than one ambassador?" The Spartan responded, "Aye, one ambassador to one king."

If you get a Vita you can play Muramasa and Dragon's Crown on the same device.

^^ And if you had a ps plus account, i just got both of them for free to play. Been playing dragons crown on psvita more then the ps3 lol. Lots of fun
    Main Desktop - i2600k -- 16gb ram -- MSI 7970 -- 128gb raid 0 Crucial m4ssd
    Laptop - Alienware 17
    Steam - Dmoore03
    PSN - DNasty03
    Battle.net ID - Drastix#1370

Quote Originally Posted by FLyGuYy View Post
    ^^ And if you had a ps plus account, i just got both of them for free to play. Been playing dragons crown on psvita more then the ps3 lol. Lots of fun
    You know, I never really considered it until this morning. I came across Kama's info yesterday and since I prefer paying action games on the big screen I was trying to make consoles work, however, in the light of the new day and since there really was not much more I wanted to play on the Wii the Vita sure is seeming the more economical choice. Especially since I played the PSP a lot more then my 360 or PC during the systems lifetime and bought a ton of games for it.

What else is good on the Vita? I have not even checked because I was thinking about the 3DSXL for Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey until I realized that I had not played the original Odysseys on DS or another play though of Sacred Stones to beat the two secret areas at the end of the game. So after that there was really no resolute and unyielding need to spend $300 just to play two games I had just spent hours on.
    Last edited by Kung_Fu_Fighter; 09-14-2014 at 01:33 PM.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Demetrius I of Macedon was offended when the Spartans sent his court a single envoy, and exclaimed angrily, "What! Have the Lacedaemonians sent no more than one ambassador?" The Spartan responded, "Aye, one ambassador to one king."

Honestly i was on the fence about the vita. I think its one of the best purchases i've made. If you have a ps4, remote play is awesome, i've been playing destiny, and FFXIV remote play from my ps4 in my house when the kids are watching the tv. I've also picked up FFX HD remaster which looks and plays amazing. Its really turned into a indie powerhouse too if your into that. Lately they've released, Rogue Legacy, 1001 spikes, hotline miami, terraria, minecraft is comign out, risk of rain, papers please, supermeat boy, binding of isaac, i could go on and on. Its just a really nice portable handheld for 199$.
    Laptop - Alienware 17
    Steam - Dmoore03
    PSN - DNasty03

Honestly i was on the fence about the vita. I think its one of the best purchases i've made. If you have a ps4, remote play is awesome, i've been playing destiny, and FFXIV remote play from my ps4 in my house when the kids are watching the tv. I've also picked up FFX HD remaster which looks and plays amazing. Its really turned into a indie powerhouse too if your into that. Lately they've released, Rogue Legacy, 1001 spikes, hotline miami, terraria, minecraft is comign out, risk of rain, papers please, supermeat boy, binding of isaac, i could go on and on. Its just a really nice portable handheld for 199$.
    It's funny you should mention those indie games because that is one reason I am waiting for now, I already have many of them on Steam that I have not played yet. I just bought Velocity®Ultra on Steam so hopefully they will release Velocity 2X for PC as well as Dragon's Crown. I'll wait and see. Over three hundred shekels with the decently sized proprietary Sony memory card is a little much to shell out right now for only three games, one of which may be coming to PC, when I have so many unplayed on Steam right now.

Plus all of the Atlus titles I have picked up cheap for DS in the last couple of years.
    Last edited by Kung_Fu_Fighter; 09-14-2014 at 08:17 PM.

This is very true! I guess you could call me some what of a gadget/new technology freak LOL. As i'm getting older i'm starting to realize, i own multiple systems, duplicate games over different platforms, and its starting to bother me lol. My time is far and few in between with two kids and a full time job. I always find myself back on my PC playing the multi plat games and trying to stick with exclusive only titles for the consoles, if they even grab my attention anymore, and it seems this "next gen" has been a little bit of a let down in terms of games and content lol.
    Now on the other hand, a 3ds/wii u seems like the perfect pairing for a PC gamer, as the library is TOTALLY different. Something i wouldn't mind purchasing for my son. . . or me *wink* LOL!
    Laptop - Alienware 17
    Steam - Dmoore03
    PSN - DNasty03

This is very true! I guess you could call me some what of a gadget/new technology freak LOL. As i'm getting older i'm starting to realize, i own multiple systems, duplicate games over different platforms, and its starting to bother me lol. My time is far and few in between with two kids and a full time job. I always find myself back on my PC playing the multi plat games and trying to stick with exclusive only titles for the consoles, if they even grab my attention anymore, and it seems this "next gen" has been a little bit of a let down in terms of games and content lol.
    Now on the other hand, a 3ds/wii u seems like the perfect pairing for a PC gamer, as the library is TOTALLY different. Something i wouldn't mind purchasing for my son. . . or me *wink* LOL!
    Yeah, same here.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Love me some Dragon's Crown. What class did you role?
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Love me some Dragon's Crown. What class did you role?
    Dwarf
    Laptop - Alienware 17
    Steam - Dmoore03
    PSN - DNasty03

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    What do you think? I found him the hardest class to play.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I don't think its too hard, I read it was the harder class, which is why i picked it so it wouldn't get to stale to early lol.
    Laptop - Alienware 17
    Steam - Dmoore03
    PSN - DNasty03