Defence Grid 2!

Sharky Forums

Thread: Defence Grid 2!

Defence Grid 2!

Is out It has two types of coop and a versus mode too! I'm going to be in gaming heaven with all the games coming out in the next few months.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Liked the first one for a while but once I ultimately discovered that the base machine gun towers were pretty overpowered a lot of the fun was sucked out of it.

I think there was some map where I put down a bunch of cheap machine guns just to re-route the enemies, then I realized that the machine guns were carving them up pretty well by themselves so I just threw a few upgrades on them and ended up having a much easier time of it than I had for a number of previous levels. Same strategy worked for a few levels afterwards so I got bored and didn't bother getting all the way through the game so maybe it opens up later.
    Last edited by monroeski; 09-30-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Liked the first one for a while but once I ultimately discovered that the base machine gun towers were pretty overpowered a lot of the fun was sucked out of it.

I think there was some map where I put down a bunch of cheap machine guns just to re-route the enemies, then I realized that the machine guns were carving them up pretty well by themselves so I just threw a few upgrades on them and ended up having a much easier time of it than I had for a number of previous levels. Same strategy worked for a few levels afterwards so I got bored and didn't bother getting all the way through the game so maybe it opens up later.
    With the first one I didn't play it a ton because of the difficulty level, I played a ton to improve me scores against a buddy of mine. If I weren't doing that I'm not sure I would have ever played any level a second time.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    With the first one I didn't play it a ton because of the difficulty level, I played a ton to improve me scores against a buddy of mine. If I weren't doing that I'm not sure I would have ever played any level a second time.
    Looks like my Steam profile says I have 12 hours on record, so I guess I got further than I remember. I also never repeated a level.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker