Plasma turns off after 10 seconds

Sharky Forums

Thread: Plasma turns off after 10 seconds

Sushi

Plasma turns off after 10 seconds

Hey guys, i have a panasonic veira plasma model number tc-p50vt20. A few months ago the TV just randomly shutoff then flashed a red light 11 times. I didn't have the money to take it to a repair shop because it wasn't under warranty so I moved it into another room till I could get it fixed. Two days ago I remembered that the surge protector it was hooked up to broke and thought maybe it could of been that so I plugged the TV back in and it came on, it worked great for hours. I turned it off before bed and when I tried it again the next day it was shutting off again, same light sequence. I opened up the back and checked the board and capacitors. Nothing was swollen or looked fried. I cleaned out all of the dust with a compressed air can and vacuum, checked the 3 fans if they were working and started it back up. Once again, it worked from 6pm to 2am but when I turned it on today its back to shutting off after 10 seconds and the same blinking lights. I unplugged it before I left for work just now, going to try again when I get home. The TV only has my xbox 1 connected to it and the TV is plugged directly into the outlet. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated, I'd love to have it fixed for Christmas.

Thank you

Blink Codes and what they mean (8-13):
    8 blinks Driver SOS 3 SS Board (SS energy recovery circuit)
    9 blinks Panel Config. SOS
    10 blinks Sub 5v SOS / Main 3v SOS DG BoardDTV 9v SOS / Tuner Power SOS
    11 blinks Fan SOS PB Board
    12 blinks Sound SOS H Board
    13 blinks Communication error DG Boardwith IC8001
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...52918558086845
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."