RCA soundbar to RCA tv?

Sharky Forums

Thread: RCA soundbar to RCA tv?

Sushi

RCA soundbar to RCA tv?

Hi everyone, newbie here.....

I got an RCA tv, (model RLDED3205A) last month. I was fairly excited about this until I heard the sound quality which is absolutely dreadful, to say the least.

To remedy the situation, I bought an RCA soundbar, model RTS7010B. I thought that it would be fairly simple matter to connect them as both components are the same brand name. Not so.

I went to the RCA site and got a call center who hung up the first time and took my number the second time, yet have still not returned my call with an answer. (2 days)

Both components were bought at Walmart, and I even took the soundbar back in so they could show me how to do it. They were no help at all I'm afraid...

The tv has 9 ports:
    1. Headphone jack
    2. Coax Out jack
    3. AV IN Jack
    4. COMPONENT IN Jack
    5. HDMI IN Jacks
    6. VGA IN Jack
    7. PC AUDIO IN Jack
    8. TV Antenna Terminal
    9. Service Port

The soundbar is fairly basic. The top panel has various indicator lights. The rear panel has a:
    DC IN jack
    AUX in R/L jack
    LINE IN 3.5 mm jack and
    OPTICAL IN jack

Walmart sold me cords that have red, white and yellow jacks at both ends and although I can plug them in on the soundbar, I cannot find ...1. Connect Cable (not included) from the AUX in jacks to the AUDIO OUT jacks of your tv, Set Top Box or Blu-ray/DVD player. 2. Connect a 3.5mm Audio Cable (not included) from the LINE IN jack to the AUDIO OUT jacks or from the AUX IN jacks to the headphone OUT jack of your TV, Set-Top Box or Blu-ray/DVD Player. 3. Connect an Optical Cable (not included) from the OPTICAL IN jack to the OPTICAL OUT jack of your TV, Set Top Box or Blu-ray/DVD Player. Note: OPTICAL IN only supports PCM signal. You may need to activate PCM (Downmix) on your source device, e.g. TV, Set-Top Box or Blu-ray/DVD Player. <<copied from manual.

The TV currently has a blu-ray and cable box connected through the HDMI IN jacks. Can someone please help me? Do I need to buy different cable(s) or connect through my cable box?

I am beyond confused. How can two components made by the same brand be so confusing?? I am beyond frustrated with this situation and the lack of support from RCA or Walmart.

Thanks for the help in advance. It's all Greek to me....cheers!

Sushi
    I went to The Source in frustration.

Success!!

A wonderful sales associate named Chris looked at both my manuals, went to a section of the store and came back with a 3.5mm cable. (at both ends)

On the TV I plugged one end into the HEAD PHONE jack. On the soundbar, I plugged the other end into the LINE IN jack.

So then you turn everything on, and on the top of the soundbar, you press the LINE IN button, and VOILA!!! Glorious sound!

I spent a minute or so fiddling with the volume and bass, but in the end, I can say, I am a happy camper.

Cheers Everyone!