Gigabyte computer won't go past BIOS screen, what the?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Gigabyte computer won't go past BIOS screen, what the?

Catfish

Gigabyte computer won't go past BIOS screen, what the?

Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've fixed a computer for someone, but this should be easy. Been there, done that. So the motherboard we are dealing with is a GA-870A-UD3. It's probably out of date, but I'll have to double check on that.

What the problem is simple, it starts off with booting with all fans running, the computer beeps, goes to the bios screen, and now it just won't go past that. Here is a Youtube video I made showing just that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1C...ature=youtu.be

I tried giving the computer my RAM (which is exactly the same) and that didn't make a difference. I read somewhere on Google in saying that this could be a RAM problem considering there are no weird beeping noises that are giving us any clues to what the problem may be.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!.
    Last edited by voodoochild16; 04-25-2015 at 01:20 AM.

Firstly, I just wanted to ask why can't I view threads for the "Technical Support Q/A" when I click on the link?. It's got no threads in it. But when viewing the "General Hardware/Software" topics, I see active threads in the activity on the far right column. What's going on?.
    At the bottom of the page it says-> Show threads from the...
    Change the number to a higher number like One Year.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Catfish
    Thanks Steve!.

Have you looked in the bios and see if the hard drive is detected? If it has been moved about ,check all connections. You can also try making a boot disk of Seatools for DOS to check the hard drive. There is a setting in the Bios "Halt on *" and you can select what you want it to halt on. Seems I need to update my profile , haven't been here in a while.
    Last edited by lynx1021; 05-04-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    GA-P43T-ES3G,Modified Xeon Quad X5472@ 3Ghz,FSB 1600Mhz 6GB Kingston ram, HIS HD6570 VID, Win7, Modified Dell PowerEdgeSC430,with XP, Pentium Dual Core 945 @ 3.4 Ghz, 4Gb ECC DDR2 memory, X1300 Radeon vid card, Toshiba laptop c55 Win 8.1

Catfish
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx1021 View Post
    Have you looked in the bios and see if the hard drive is detected? If it has been moved about ,check all connections. You can also try making a boot disk of Seatools for DOS to check the hard drive. There is a setting in the Bios "Halt on *" and you can select what you want it to halt on. Seems I need to update my profile , haven't been here in a while.
    The thing that worked which usually doesn't work is taking the battery out and putting it back in. Now everything works. This never works for me at all. At least it was an easy fix. Thanks for your suggestions, and hope this helps someone else!.