Terreria 1.3 update and Community Server

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terreria 1.3 update and Community Server

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar

Terreria 1.3 update and Community Server

Hi all,

Terreria is going to have a big update i the next week and I thought it might be fun to host a game on my server for fellow sharks.

Rather then post the info here, just reply to this thread saying your interested, and I'll send out a PM with the details once it is setup.

This is my first time doing this so bear with me!
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I could probably find some time to pop in here and there. I never really got into the building aspects of Terraria at all, though, I just treated it like a Metroidvania that had walls you could blow up. Building things is such a pain in that game compared to Minecraft, and the end results weren't as interesting either IMO.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    I could probably find some time to pop in here and there. I never really got into the building aspects of Terraria at all, though, I just treated it like a Metroidvania that had walls you could blow up. Building things is such a pain in that game compared to Minecraft, and the end results weren't as interesting either IMO.
    I'm kinda the same way but I know we have some sharks here are really into building stuff. My thought is we could form a fun community of adventures and builders and maybe even schedule time to defeat the bosses as a group.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Wow, they really added some craziness for 1.3! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXdtDgpPeE

I'm with monroeski - I love Terraria, but I never cared for the building aspects. I'll pop in for some mining and some action, but I don't know how much time I'd spend on there.

I'm game. Its been a while and I love achievements so I will probably play quite a bit.

The new features look crazy fun. Looks like EVERYTHING is getting an update including game mechanics, networking options, storyline, and etc.

Great White Shark
    I put so much time into Terraria. I wonder if I would invest that kind of time again.

*Edit: I'm interested. Just not sure how much time I'll have for it.
    Last edited by James; 06-29-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Server is up!

A PM with teh details has been sent to the people who responded to this post

Pm me for details if you are interested.

Also, I'll be moving the server over to Tshock (a Terraria server add-on) once Tshock is upgraded to support 1.3

Are you guys bringing over your old characters or starting new?

Starting new!...I want to see what new items are released, and I think that I will skip over some of them if I import my old guy.
    Last edited by taggart6; 06-30-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Probably starting new, though I may pull in my old character just to mess around a little bit.

toolfan and I did that a little.

I just got done digging to hell. The eye of Cthulhu popped up unexpectedly. Now I'm workring on trying to summon the Brain of Cthulhu by destroying 3 crimson corruption hearts. I figure I'll get 2 broken before destroying the final one in case an one wants to try fighting the boss together.

Great White Shark
    I'll have to try logging in this weekend.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Toolfan and I just took out the mind of cthulhu. Now we got some sweet pickaxes! Extra weapons and stuff have been placed in chests for people to use.

Jumped in for a few minutes earlier, jumped out when it became quite clear that I need to read up on the game a bit in order to have any idea what I'm doing.