2nd monitor using onboard graphics question

Sharky Forums

Thread: 2nd monitor using onboard graphics question

Expensive Sushi

2nd monitor using onboard graphics question

Hi there. So I have a unique question and I'm not sure if what I'm try to do is even possible. I have a GTX 1080 graphics card installed in my PC. There is a choice of 5 different inputs into the card. 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, and 3 what they call display ports 1.4. I'm not familiar with the display ports. I have my monitor plugged in to the HDMI port on my graphics card. My question is if it is possible to hook another monitor to the HDMI port on my motherboard and run them both simultaneously. Both of my monitors only have HDMI capability. I know there are adapters out there that can change the HDMI to display port or DVI, but if I can hook it up to the onboard video adapter without an issue, I would rather do that than go out and get an adapter. If anyone knows the solution or how to do it, if its even possible, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

You should be able to hook up both of your monitors to 1080. I have a 1060 and have two monitors hooked up to it via HDMI. I don't know why you'd want to use onboard, esp. if you want to play games on the 2nd monitor.