What are you guys playing these days? - Page 4

Sharky Forums

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you guys playing these days?

Played through Gravity Rush recently. Feels like a game with a lot of great ideas and character that just never quite puts it all together into a great game. Control issues and camera issues in a game that requires a bit of precision at times.

Started up the sequel and am a few hours in. Has a lot more polish than the first for sure, though it has its own issues; starts pretty slow, and I've heard the open world is a bit TOO big and I've already felt that a bit even this early.

Other than that, started up Titan Quest again with this new expansion getting surprise released recently. TQ is possibly my favorite game ever in the genre so it doesn't take much for me to find an excuse to install it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    He said the key to wins is playing aggressive from the get go, then when it gets down to the end playing smart.
    Haven't played it personally but I'd heard the key to wins is just prone crawling everywhere and hoping nobody sees you until it gets near the end.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

I tried to get into PUBG but it felt too janky for me. I'll check it out again when 1.0 hits, but I'm in now rush to get back to it.

Rainbow Six Siege has been my main game of choice for the past few months now. It is excellent.

Never started up PUBG for some reason, but now that Fortnite is out and I've watched some of it on Twitch I feel like I would enjoy that more anyway.

I haven't played Fortnite. I'm a sellout and have been playing Battlefront II on my Xbox quite a bit. Also started Wasteland 2 up again and have almost finished the game. Oh, and CSGO..I can't escape it.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Spending most of my time with Monster Hunter Stories.

Will be done with my MBA this Monday and will start on the new Zelda expansion!
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Started playing World of Warships. Pretty fun game, similar to World of Tanks but on the high seas. If anyone cares to join me on the seas you can use this link:referral link for free stuff
    Xbox Series X

Got a free copy of Nex Machina, which I liked because I wanted to try it out but couldn't really justify the price for something that's only a couple of hours long unless I got into the replayability. Only played for an hour so far but I'm definitely enjoying it. Don't know if it will quite keep scratching that Assault Android Cactus itch over the long term but I can see myself doing at least a few playthroughs to get better scores, unlock secrets, etc.

Sushi
    Well, I think, this thread is an updated one. Besides, I am playing Middle-Earth - Shadow Of War these days and it a pretty awesome game. Sometimes it becomes tedious defending fort again and again, but, all in all, a complete package. I have used a fast SSD to enhance the performance of the game too.

Got Witcher 3 Complete edition from the kids for Christmas on the Xbox One. Started it this weekend. Made it to level 5...after like 8 straight hours of playing. Going to be a longgggg game.
    Xbox Series X

Got the new DOOM for Christmas and was happy to see it runs fine on my laptop and desktop, as on the demo even the menu screen was unplayably slow no matter the settings. A lot of fun so far. I'm still a bit torn on the glory kill system, as I think it breaks up the action a little too much, but 1. it's basically optional, and 2. the animations themselves aren't as long as I expected.

Thought I was done getting stuff out of Gravity Rush 2 before the online servers close down on the 18th but it turns out there is still some stuff to do. I have gotten all the Dusty Tokens I need to unlock everything from those, which is the one thing that you had to get finished before the servers go offline, but there is also a lot of treasure that you can still technically get in single player but that would take far longer and be much more tedious. Thought I had all the treasure but apparently there is a big chunk that doesn't unlock until you hit a story mission that was a few chapters later in the game than I was.

Shouldn't have much trouble getting it done, but I'm glad I noticed a few days ago. Logging in twice a day should get me there with time to spare but I'll be out of town for a few days before the shutdown so it could have been a a lot harder if I had waited.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    Got Witcher 3 Complete edition from the kids for Christmas on the Xbox One. Started it this weekend. Made it to level 5...after like 8 straight hours of playing. Going to be a longgggg game.
    http://cad-comic.com/wp-content/uplo...G_20170417.png

Witcher 3 is a really really really really good game. I need to go back and finish it.

On a sidenote: got into Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U. I'm level 24 and just got my first giant robot. There is so much I like and hate about this game. The original had a much better story line and characters, but the second improved on a lot of of mechanics, but the characters and story are kinda ****. The mech mechanic though is really fun and adds a new twist to the combat.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    http://cad-comic.com/wp-content/uplo...G_20170417.png

Witcher 3 is a really really really really good game. I need to go back and finish it.

On a sidenote: got into Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U. I'm level 24 and just got my first giant robot. There is so much I like and hate about this game. The original had a much better story line and characters, but the second improved on a lot of of mechanics, but the characters and story are kinda ****. The mech mechanic though is really fun and adds a new twist to the combat.
    HAHA nice comic. I actually played it for two weeks when it first came out and sold it because I knew it would engross my life and at the time I didn't need that. So, I'm hopping back into it with all the DLC and everything and taking my time with the story lines and playing a lot of gwent
    Xbox Series X

I am running WAAAY behind... finally overcame the learning curve on first (yes, you read that right) Mass Effect!
    Finished it after less than a week... really got into it! Loved the weapon upgrades and how it was closer to RPG than the 2nd one I'm playing now...

Mass Effect 2 is still great... but removing that weapon upgrade options is bit disappointing.
    I do love how (by importing 1st game saves) my actions have propagated into the 2nd game. I've been blasting my way through and maybe done 2/3 in.
    I'm just glad I finally got to play...

Past several years, I had mostly focused on LoL and (more recently) PUBG. Glad I am playing them. So many more to go through!!

Mostly I play battlefield 3 on my PC