What are you guys playing these days? - Page 5

Sharky Forums

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What are you guys playing these days?

Arrrggg... currently playing Mass Effect 3 and stuck in the level where I face 3 Geth Primes!!! I have quit and re-done that level so many times... erg... clone power and overload are not enough when 3 are all firing at you!

Started playing Pyre. Liking it so far, you just have to know going in that it's 50% or more visual novel with the sport type trials mixed in after that. Didn't play either of their previous games (other than <1 hour of Bastion IIRC).
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Finally finished ME 3!! I felt like I watched a 3-week movie!
    Great story...

Now onto ME Andromeda... it's ... interesting so far...

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I really should knock out the mass effect series at some point. Just got done with Subnatica which was awesome. I need to get back to Xenoblade chronicles X.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    I really should knock out the mass effect series at some point. Just got done with Subnatica which was awesome. I need to get back to Xenoblade chronicles X.
    Enemy AI, esp the foot soldiers, aren't the greatest but story was excellent... after 3 weeks of playing all 3 in a row, I felt like I lived in a 3-week-long movie!

Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    Enemy AI, esp the foot soldiers, aren't the greatest but story was excellent... after 3 weeks of playing all 3 in a row, I felt like I lived in a 3-week-long movie!
    I played 1/3 or 1/2 of the first one. I remember the AI being **** for both sides. I think the best way to play was just have my 2 squad mates on support buffing me while I took lead as the attacker.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    I played 1/3 or 1/2 of the first one. I remember the AI being **** for both sides. I think the best way to play was just have my 2 squad mates on support buffing me while I took lead as the attacker.
    That's how I played all 3... it still is problematic in Andromeda... but again, I play it for RPG and story portions...

Great White Shark
    I've bought but have not yet played the new version of Secret of Mana. Work is crazy as is home.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

In honor of its 20th anniversary I started playing Xenogears recently. I played it a bit when it first released but never finished it IIRC. Still really early in and liking it so far but MAN it's tough going back to random encounters sometimes.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

There shall be one and only one encounter!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/images/oots0145.gif
    Insert ancient Sharky sig here
    [
    Prince Vindir of the OC Crusaders
    Holding Boundaries and Breaking Barriers

]

Great White Shark
    So Secret of Mana is fun, good nostalgia factor. I'm listening to the remade soundtrack, but every now and again I'll switch back to the SNES track for fun and enjoy it.

I know Square Enix games have a history of bugs, and I've hit a few. Nothing terrible.

But after six hours of gameplay, my savegame slot says I've put in 2,930 hours into my current game, as a lv. 15 character. I apparently am playing REALLY slowly. heh

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Bought a switch so will be playing mario Odyssey soon.

Workign on steam world dig 2

Wish my wife would (and kids) would let me buy Switch so I can play Zelda on it... :'( Where did I go wrong in becoming the "child" of the family?!! :P

I rarely buy game at full price at release... but I did with one game today!

Into the Breach is made by same folks that made FTL and looks amazing! I've been sooo longing for TBS on PC and it looks to surpass Advanced War!! Any thoughts??!

Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    Wish my wife would (and kids) would let me buy Switch so I can play Zelda on it... :'( Where did I go wrong in becoming the "child" of the family?!! :P
    Just buy it. There are some deals right now and I got mine for 260. you can get a used copy of zelda for $30.