Newer Lan Capable games?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Newer Lan Capable games?

Newer Lan Capable games?

We're having an old guy lan party at the end of the month and it seems like nothing has local options anymore. Things like rocket league or block & load all want access to the internet to play.

So does anyone have any newer games that are on the cheaper side and have LAN options?

Can't speak from personal experience but this Steam curator appears to have put together a pretty long list of LAN capable games on Steam.

::edit::
    Looks like Rocket League is on his list, so if you're saying you can't LAN it then maybe his list is just "games fun to play in a room with others" and not actually LAN capable? May have to do a little more research than just reading straight off the list.

::edit 2::
    Here's a list of a few.
    Last edited by monroeski; 07-25-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

The option rarely exists anymore. It's sad. The new UT had a LAN option last year but then it got removed earlier this year for some mysterious reason.

I'm pretty sure Quake Live has a LAN option now that it's no longer F2P, but I believe it still requires an internet connection to authenticate with the servers.

So... maybe go for some older games?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    The option rarely exists anymore. It's sad. The new UT had a LAN option last year but then it got removed earlier this year for some mysterious reason.

I'm pretty sure Quake Live has a LAN option now that it's no longer F2P, but I believe it still requires an internet connection to authenticate with the servers.

So... maybe go for some older games?
    Ya its annoying games that are no brainer lan games like rocket league just don't have the option. Oh well I guess we'll just make due with what we can. The good news is we're all IT guys and we have a server for games that will let you host your own.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Ya its annoying games that are no brainer lan games like rocket league just don't have the option. Oh well I guess we'll just make due with what we can. The good news is we're all IT guys and we have a server for games that will let you host your own.
    Very nice.

Can you still spin up your own Counterstrike server like way back in the day? I haven't even tried in years.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Yes but I've given up on Counter Strike, everyone has so surpassed me and its like being a noob all over again. I don't have the kind of time required to put into getting good again either.