I have a Konica Minolta Magicolor 2430Dl printer that I used quite extensively. I had it connected to the Wireless/Ethernet router via a cable and then my PC's would connect to it via wireless.

I moved it to a new house and attempted to reconnected it. It did not attach. The red toner at the same time got all over the inside of the machine. I took it to the service center and they cleaned it and got it to print the configuration page. But when I got it back to my house it still would not attach.

Because I could not see how to debug the two step connection process I simplified and connected printer directly to PC (used the same cable that had gone to the router.) I also deleted the printer from the "Devices and Printers" then used "Add Printer">"Local" to reinstall the printer driver.

Then from the:
Start>Devices and Printers>Troubleshoot
I made the printer primary then via the "printer properties" I tried to print a test page.

It shows up in the printer buffer but does not print.

Then from the "Get help with printing" to the "Click to open Printer Troubleshooter" I get a "Print Job in the Queue is blocking other job" message and the choice to:

- "try repairs as administrator" or
- "Continue with other remaining repairs" or
- "View detailed information".

Although these choices produce varying messages and some cancel the job in queue none lead to a problem fix. Where do I go from here?