Fallout 4, Rise of Tomb Raider and Homeworld Kharak worth it on Steam sale?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Fallout 4, Rise of Tomb Raider and Homeworld Kharak worth it on Steam sale?

Fallout 4, Rise of Tomb Raider and Homeworld Kharak worth it on Steam sale?

All of them are around $20 bucks a piece.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

100% Green Poster. ZERO Carbon Emissions.

Demetrius I of Macedon was offended when the Spartans sent his court a single envoy, and exclaimed angrily, "What! Have the Lacedaemonians sent no more than one ambassador?" The Spartan responded, "Aye, one ambassador to one king."

I was tempted with Fallout 4, but I played it on my Xbox One and didn't enjoy it as much as 3 or new vegas..so I passed. I didn't even know they made a new Homeworld game..the first was amazing. I may have to look into that one. So far all I picked up were the Shadowrun games and Hard West.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Only thing I picked up so far is the Ashes of the Singularity RTS. In doing my once in a great while search for a Star Fleet Battles type game I came across Space Rangers 2. (HD in the store.) Seems to have a lot of great accolades and it's on the sale for $3 something. Sold. Some great games out there you just miss sometimes.

I know they made three SFB's games but they were ship to ship and not the grand strategy I loved about the original pen and paper game.

Yeah, the Homeworld game has some mixed reviews that concern me. I may wait until it's under ten dollars.
    Last edited by Kung_Fu_Fighter; 06-30-2017 at 12:56 AM.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Demetrius I of Macedon was offended when the Spartans sent his court a single envoy, and exclaimed angrily, "What! Have the Lacedaemonians sent no more than one ambassador?" The Spartan responded, "Aye, one ambassador to one king."

Haven't heard much bad about Rise of the Tomb Raider. I liked the reboot a lot so I plan to play it at some point.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

I may get it, still not sure. Grey Goo was a no brainier at less then $5 but I am still on the fence if 8 hours of the single player campaign of Desert Homeworld is worth $17.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is great.

Deserts of Kharak is not bad. It acts as a prequel to the Homeworld games, showing the conflict that is happening around the time the Guidestone is first discovered. It takes place on a planet surface so it plays a lot like a standard RTS game, but you have a mobile carrier instead of a stationary base. I never played multiplayer to know if it's any good but I can't imagine there's many people left playing it at this point.

Thanks for the advice guys but I decided to wait. I still need to finish The Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor. Deserts of Kharak's single player is too short for $17.