Into The Breach

Sharky Forums

Thread: Into The Breach

Into The Breach

It's been a decade since the last Advance Wars game was released and for me, it's been sorely missed.
    While I do like and enjoy the Fire Emblem series, I feel that modern warfare TBS has been MIA.

Well, earlier this week, makers of FTL (Faster Than Light) released a new TBS game called "Into The Light" and boy is it awesome!
    You control 3 unique mechs with pilots that bring unique abilities. It also brings in new aspects.

1. Each round only lasts FEW turns! You don't have to kill them all. So long as you survive the turns...
    2. Protecting civilians and the buildings is the key as when you lose too many, it's game over.
    3. You can do all sorts of upgrades to the mechs, as well as, once you play sufficient times, you can gather coins to unlock new types of mechs.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far! Finally unlocked 3rd island on Normal mode (I'm getting too old I guess). I hope there will be plans for more!!!

Anyone else loving it as much as I have been?!!!

Looks really cool, but I'm in a bit of a game buying hiatus right now until at least mid-March, so not sure when I'll get around to actually picking it up.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

I know how you feel... but trust me, THIS is a revolutionary one.

5-turn rounds on a 8x8 grid... who knew that that would be gold?!

Unless you play the game, you have no idea the anguish that goes into the agonizingly painful decision making... Do I let the pilot die or the citizens?! Who knew that this game would be a risk simulator on top of being awesome TBS game?!

I bet some big corporations will use this game to see who they should hire... sniff... heartless and cold b****ds! You shall pay!!! Next time I play, I’m letting the corporate HQ take it!! LOL... sniff...

Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    I know how you feel... but trust me, THIS is a revolutionary one.
    It isn't just a normal "I'm playing other things now, maybe I'll get it later" thing, though; I spent a LOT of money on games in 2017, so right now I'm kind of doing the "prove it" part of "I can stop any time I want!"

Not sure exactly how long I'll be doing it, I just know it will be through mid-March at minimum. Other than some old console stuff largely for collecting purposes (where much of the money spent in 2017 went, and I like to play even things I get largely for collecting), Celeste and Into the Breach are up at/near the top of the list of what I plan to pick up once it's over.
    Last edited by monroeski; 03-02-2018 at 06:34 PM.

I hear you...

Still haven't picked up the game yet but Gamasutra (game developer industry website) did a Twitch stream a little while back of them playing the game with the developers.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    This is a perfect game for the switch
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

It's a great game for playing with a coffee in one hand and the mouse in the other.