Acer Aspire S7 not booting

Sharky Forums

Thread: Acer Aspire S7 not booting

Acer Aspire S7 not booting

So my wife has had this laptop for few years now... all of a sudden one day, it no longer would turn on.

Upon Googling it, I found out that there's a battery reset pin hole on the bottom that "resets" the battery.
    I did that and let it sit for a few minutes, plug back the power and turn it on but only flashed for a very brief time.

I am thinking of replacing the battery altogether now... do you guys think that will be the major culprit?
    Or am I just sinking the money into a pit?

I was in a similar pickel once. I went to a battery +bulbs and they let me borrow a battery. Darn thing booted right up.

But it also told me the a/c adaptor had broken away from the mobo...
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Going to have to get a test battery I suppose. Is it worth it? Really depends on the specs. If it's really old...like Core 2 old.... I wouldn't bother.
    I’m very discrete. I have no code of brand loyalty. I will build anything, anywhere; Gaming PC, workstation, HTPC, doesn’t matter. I just love building.

Battery is about $42... and it's not THAT old...
    It's got a 3rd gen i5 and my wife uses it mostly for surfing and watching K-drama online... lol

Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    Battery is about $42... and it's not THAT old...
    It's got a 3rd gen i5 and my wife uses it mostly for surfing and watching K-drama online... lol
    Ah good old K-Drama.

Go for it then. Worst case scenario you can probably return the battery.
    I’m very discrete. I have no code of brand loyalty. I will build anything, anywhere; Gaming PC, workstation, HTPC, doesn’t matter. I just love building.

Yeah... it's supposed to arrive tomorrow... will post the outcome then.

EDIT: There's nothing "good" about K-Drama... mostly about love triangles, with 2 women and 1 guy and 1 woman is evil and the other is prettier, kinder one usually dying of something. LOL. My wife is "unreachable" when she watches them... and I'd suspect that the sites she watches them on are not great for computing security either... SMH
    Last edited by proxops-pete; 04-02-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Well, the battery came in last night... swapped it out and reconnected all the cables and still no go... oh well.
    It was 4 years old... I had to pay $7 for shipping it back but still worth it for trying it out.

It must be something with the onboard psu. That's a shame. They're not easy to fix.

I think changing the battery for $ 40 is not expensive, and it will serve your wife for a long time. According to the parameters, it is not very ancient.