Intel VC820?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Intel VC820?

Expensive Sushi

Post Intel VC820?

it this board any good? is it over clockable?
    I work at Millwaukee Pc and I can get this board with 128mb of pc-700 rdram for under $200 is it worth it?

Mako Shark

Originally posted by dirtnap:
    it this board any good? is it over clockable?
    I work at Millwaukee Pc and I can get this board with 128mb of pc-700 rdram for under $200 is it worth it?
    Getting any board with 128MB of memory for under $200 is a good buy. Keep in mind that Intel boards do not overclock, and PC700 RDRAM has lower performance than PC133 SDRAM because of latency issues (even though RDRAM has higher bandwidth). Still, for $200 it sounds pretty good to me.

Expensive Sushi

Ok thanks for the help. Yeah it is a good buy. The price I can get it for is acctually $147

Goldfish

I have a VC820, running a PIII-800EB, 256MB PC800 RDRAM. The Board is ROCK SOLID STABLE, and FAST. As far as overclocking goes, there is NONE! Other than that, it's a Great board. For under $200, you can't go wrong.

Expensive Sushi

Originally posted by Damanez:
    I have a VC820, running a PIII-800EB, 256MB PC800 RDRAM. The Board is ROCK SOLID STABLE, and FAST. As far as overclocking goes, there is NONE! Other than that, it's a Great board. For under $200, you can't go wrong.
    I have a VC820 too, with PIII-600EB and 128MB PC700 RDRAM. I HAD a cc820 (same board, but with SDRAM and a memory translator hub that was buggy so Intel recalled it) with 128MB SDRAM (PC133). The new board is noticeably faster, and I don't mean in benchmark results, I mean in human terms. The PC boots faster, loads faster, and I get more FPS in Quake than before. I don't know if that means my old board was just such a dog, that anything would be better, but I'm happy with what I have now (for now). Sounds like $147 for the board and RAM is a steal, go for it.
    Yes, no, maybe... I don't know. Can you repeat the question?

Hammerhead Shark

Exclamation

Ok thanks for the help. Yeah it is a good buy. The price I can get it for is acctually $147
    That is a great deal the MB is worth that. See if you can get pc 800 instead of pc700. It make a world of difference.

"Hardware, The parts of a computer system that can be kicked."

martman

Thumbs up

I have been using the VC820 with 128MB PC700 RAM, DVD, CD-RW, ZIP, WIN-TV Card, Matrox G-400 Dual head. This board has been rock solid since I put the system together. Benchmarking on SiSoft Sandra blasts similar competing baords/set-ups away. For under $200, bucks for your mobo, that is a steal.

Expensive Sushi

Thanks everyone for all your help, I did get the board and a p3 800eb and it rocks bigtime.

Wow. I am not a fan of Intel MB's or RDRAM, but for that kind of money I would definitely have to consider it.

------------------
    "Everyone knows the best bands are affiliated with Satan."

Expensive Sushi

wow!..where did you get that board and rdram at?!?!?!?!?!?!

Expensive Sushi

I work at A computer store and intel gave us these to replace some bad 820 chipset boards. but instead of doing that the employee's got em.