I have 2 separate wired LANs. Only one of them is connected to the Internet via a Cable Router (a Linksys). I want to connect the isolated LAN to the Internet-connected LAN using wireless technology.

I was looking into using 2 wireless access points. Is this the only solution?

I have a notebook with both a wireless LAN adapter and a FastEthernet NIC (RJ-45). I was thinking of either just buying 1 WAP and using the notebook with the 2 adapters (1 wireless, 1 wired) as a router for the isolated LAN. Or just adding a wireless LAN adapter for one of the PCs in the Internet-connected LAN and bridging the LANs with 2 wireless network adapters. Is this possible?

The only wireless component I have now is a 802.11b PC Card LAN adapter (Linksys).

I want to spend as little as possible to get these 2 LANs connected. Especially with newer 802.11a wireless network products on the horizon. The less 802.11b components I buy, the better.

Any ideas/pointers? I'm fairly new to wireless networking technology. I don't want to risk buying incompatible hardware or try to implement something that would not work.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!