Best solo class for EQ2

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best solo class for EQ2

Reef Shark

Best solo class for EQ2

Going to bite ha! Kunark is pulling me in. What is the best solo class for the game? I want to play a Sarnak. I played a warrior for 3-4 years in Everquest and was burned bad as they could not solo at all. Played a necro for 2-3 years and loved it. I was able to solo, make crazy money, etc.

So what is the best class to solo, farm items or explore?

Used to be ryanwv!
    Upgrade!!
    Asus VW246H
    i2500k at 4.2 (I am a weenie)
    Galaxy GTX 560 Ti 975/1950
    8 gb ripjaws
    Samsung 22 inch 226BW S panel
    e6300 at 3.15 ghz
    8800 gts at 640/1000
    2 gb DDR 800
    X-fi extreme gamer--pos!
    Logitech g15 keyboard
    Logitech G9 mouse with a "Giant Laser"
    Razer exact mat

Id suggest a Warden or a Necro.
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

Reef Shark
    Thanks, I am going to pick the game up in the morning. I had heard necros were only average at soloing.

Used to be ryanwv!
    Upgrade!!
    Asus VW246H
    8 gb ripjaws
    e6300 at 3.15 ghz
    8800 gts at 640/1000
    2 gb DDR 800
    X-fi extreme gamer--pos!
    Logitech g15 keyboard
    Razer exact mat

Wardens are pretty cool. Good fighters plus healing, speed, buffs etc. I enjoyed playing my warden.

I also really enjoyed soloing on my monk. He was fun with the cool fighting, crazy dodge, speed, invis etc.
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

It really depends on what you want to do. Wardens are great but you need to go with a melee spec, Inquisitors with a melee spec are just as good.

Both Conjurors and Necromancers are very good if they have a good pet, but Necromancers tend to pull away later on when there are undead for them to charm.

Monks, Bruisers and Shadowknights are also good, and the first to can do some quests no other class could solo because their feign death allows them to go almost anyplace.

Ya i had good luck with my monk but the last time i played was EoF launch. God this game is tempting.
    Main Desktop - i2600k -- 16gb ram -- MSI 7970 -- 128gb raid 0 Crucial m4ssd
    Laptop - Alienware 17
    Steam - Dmoore03
    PSN - DNasty03
    Battle.net ID - Drastix#1370

Reef Shark
    I will probably start a necro since they have fd and invis.

Used to be ryanwv!
    Upgrade!!
    Asus VW246H
    8 gb ripjaws
    e6300 at 3.15 ghz
    8800 gts at 640/1000
    2 gb DDR 800
    X-fi extreme gamer--pos!
    Logitech g15 keyboard
    Razer exact mat

Reef Shark
    Wow DVDs lasted a long time didnt they. Dang game comes on 3 dvds now. I guess soon we will be back up to 5 installation discs. Then once it gets installed, 2 hours to download patch rofl. Ahh the joys of MMORPGs.

But I cant wait to log into Kunark, hopefully it will be a decent casual game.

Used to be ryanwv!
    Upgrade!!
    Asus VW246H
    8 gb ripjaws
    e6300 at 3.15 ghz
    8800 gts at 640/1000
    2 gb DDR 800
    X-fi extreme gamer--pos!
    Logitech g15 keyboard
    Razer exact mat

Quote Originally Posted by Nyron
    Wow DVDs lasted a long time didnt they. Dang game comes on 3 dvds now. I guess soon we will be back up to 5 installation discs. Then once it gets installed, 2 hours to download patch rofl. Ahh the joys of MMORPGs.

You know you love it..
    Antec Three Hundred Two | Intel DP67BA | Intel 2600k | Corsair CWCH60 | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (PC3-12800) | PNY GTX 580 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | WD RE4 2TB (WD2002FYPS) | Asus Xonar DG Sound | LG Blu-Ray Burner | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Work:
    Macbook Pro 15" Retina Display | 8GB Ram | 256GB SSD | Mac OS 10.8

It is.

Make sure you take some time to familiarize yourself with how the UI works and how you can move stuff around to your liking (almost everything is adjustable). The UI is fully modable but initially the only thing you really want is the maps mod.

http://maps.eq2interface.com/

EQ2i http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page is one of the better sources of information on quests etc.

You should also make sure you take some time to figure out the broker system and what items are likely to have value. This will give you the cash you need to keep your pets upgraded, which are key early on for Necromancers.

Something else to remember is that newer zones are usually better then older ones. Qeynos and Freeport are reasonably convenient to live in for a high level character but the low level content there isn’t nearly as good as Neriak, Kelethin or Gorowyn.

Reef Shark
    Thanks, I dinged level 5 and my computer restarted because of updates. I played Everquest for about 5 years so it feels pretty familiar. Those links are awesome.

I am planning on staying in Kunark for now and seeing how far I can go but I am sure I will start going to the other continents to look around.

Used to be ryanwv!
    Upgrade!!
    Asus VW246H
    8 gb ripjaws
    e6300 at 3.15 ghz
    8800 gts at 640/1000
    2 gb DDR 800
    X-fi extreme gamer--pos!
    Logitech g15 keyboard
    Razer exact mat

I will probably start a necro since they have fd and invis.
    I've found invis quite a bit useful in the Timorous Deep and Butcherblock quests.

MSI X58 Pro-E Motherboard | i7-920, quad 2.66GHz | ATI 5870 |6 gig DDR3-1333 | Antec 850W | 1.5TB Seagate 7200rpm | LG W2452T
    ---------------------------------
    XBox 360 | PS 3 60 gig | Nintendo DS Lite| Sony PSP | Apple iPad |Panasonic TH-50PX50U Plasma | Samsung LN32B 640

I started back up too. Started an iksar Warden and then migrated to the Timorous Deep area in my teens...awesome XP&quests there.

So far I'm having a very easy time soloing everything and am almost lvl 20.
    I7 920 (C0)@3.2ghz
    Asus P6T
    SLI MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II GE unlocked to GTX470
    6GB Ram
    Intel SSD
    Raptor-150GB
    Vista 64

Sharky Extreme 3DMark Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslash
    I started back up too. Started an iksar Warden and then migrated to the Timorous Deep area in my teens...awesome XP&quests there.

So far I'm having a very easy time soloing everything and am almost lvl 20.
    I suggest you start dumping all your AA into the melee attacks from the Warden tree. Once you have 20, you can get an ability which gives you 75% passive crit chance on all melee attacks. This will increase your damage output big time. After that max out the rest of the melee attacks, get 5 AA into improved SoW for 45% run speed which is better then most mounts without any of the costs or drawbacks.

Once you have that work on the Str line in the druid tree, this gives you haste and double attack. While Warden weapon damage is kind of low, these will really drive up your proc rates. An imbued mastercrafted weapon with either a damage proc adornment or a power proc adornment benefit enormously from the higher procs, as does the group heal proc in the str line.

After you hit Kylong plains you are going to want charm animal as well. Outside of Kunark the mobs it works on are to dependant on auto-attack for it to be much good, but the Kunark mobs also have good spells/CA which don’t get nerfed like auto-attack does when you charm. (which is why Coercers/necromancers always go for caster mobs.)

There will be a lull in quest quality at ~20, but it picks up again in the mid 20’s in Butcherblock. There is another lull in quality around level 30, but the quantity of quests near the docks in Zec and Enchanted Lands makes up for that somewhat. At ~35 move to Steamfont, the quests there are outstanding. Just a caution, they re-scaled quest rewards in this expansion so the quest reward items outside of Kunark are not as good as what

Reef Shark
    So far I am 11 and that is with minimal work. This game is so much more forgiving than when Everquest came out. I think it took me about a month to get to 10 and after level 5 of Everquest it really became hard--far corpse runs, had to run far for exp places, etc.

So far I am playing the sanark necro and nothing has really come close to killing me.

Used to be ryanwv!
    Upgrade!!
    Asus VW246H
    8 gb ripjaws
    e6300 at 3.15 ghz
    8800 gts at 640/1000
    2 gb DDR 800
    X-fi extreme gamer--pos!
    Logitech g15 keyboard