Best Cell Phone Service - Page 9

Sharky Forums

View Poll Results: Which Cellular Service do you Prefer?

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint PCS

32 11.51%
  • Verizon

87 31.29%
  • T-Mobile

31 11.15%
  • mLife

13 4.68%
  • Cingular

33 11.87%
  • Other

34 12.23%
  • I hate my service

48 17.27%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Best Cell Phone Service

i like nextel...however the coverage in my area is horrible.
    "Beta testing war is hell."

This is old, but Verizon rulez the house. Best hands down.

My neighbor got himself an iphone... and he actually has to LEAVE HIS APARTMENT AND GO OUT TO THE STREET TO TALK ON IT.

AT&T FTL.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

Great White Shark
    That's what my next door neighbor has to do with her Verizon service while I get AT&T and T-mobile service indoors (2 bars). Towers for every provider are located within a mile of our location.

It's all about location when it comes to reception quality.
    Verizon is no better or worse than any other provider when the signal is strong.
    That said, the model of the handset has a lot to do with reception and voice quality.
    When I'm in a rural area or off shore, I replace the stub antenna on my Moto V-635 with a longer antenna and am rewarded with much better reception.

I am pretty surprised at Verizon's strong showing in this informal poll. Given that Verizon and AT&T have roughly the same size consumer base I would assume they would score roughly the same but AT&T is down with the rest. I haven't seen any recent consumer reports ratings.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

Great White Shark
    Its brainwashing from all the advertising exposure. In Florida Verizon is constantly being called on the carpet and fined for not meeting state mandated minimum customer service standards.

Consumer Reports lists Verizon as the absolute best all around. I don't have a link but it was in the print mag a couple months ago. Besting everyone.

At least in my area, Verizon is significantly better than anyone else, and you can't even touch their EVDO speeds and coverage.

Great White Shark
    I noticed that Verizon is going to join the GSM camp. When they move to 4 GL, they will all be using the same technology. That will be a great day for consumers. CDMA is the reason I've never considered using Verizon.

GSM is an inferior technology compared to CDMA, but the Europeans didn't want to support US-based Qualcomm over one of their own, European designed GSM. As such they standardized on GSM and it was expected of the Americans to do the same. Thankfully Verizon decided to go with the superior technology and buck the trend.

FYI 4G isn't GSM. It has a lot more in common with CDMA than it does TDMA/GSM. If anything the reverse is true -- the GSM carriers are finally adopting the superior technology.

I understand you're a world traveler so using GSM is better for you, but for people who spend most of the time in the US, CDMA is the better choice.
    Last edited by MrDigital; 02-23-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Great White Shark
    My point was that all of the major carriers are going to use the same technology for 4 G.
    It is neither CDMA not GSM.

Otherwise, Verison would not have shown up at the Worldwide GSM Conference to discuss 4 G technology.

Sushi
    I like T-mobile services. Easy and not too expensive

I've been with verizon for a few years now. No complaints whatsoever. Their phones are expensive, but heck I've certainly gotten what I paid for. Nowadays I have no problem with service anywhere. It used to be difficult but in the last couple years it has been perfect. Absolutely perfect.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

verison for me!
    nothing else me!

may because my family is on this network.

Rural areas still have little choice

In the rural midwestern areas of the country if you want any service at all Verizon is really the only way to go.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    3254 Saint Marys Avenue Hamilton, NY 13346
    Talking about the cellphone services there are people tend to experience some difficulties..And as we already know that there are lot of services nowadays so indeed the owner of the service must do some action about it, as for the competencies in there business.